jps jps is offline

Default More short-term thinking from Repubicans

Eager to help the already rich, Republicans can't wait to make
US-based engineering and technical positions more easily available to
foriegn students.

Republican job cremators. They can't abide investing in Americans for
those jobs, because two, three or four years is too long to wait to
satisfy their quarter-to-quarter buddies in the tech sector.

"The STEM Jobs Act, a bill that would make it easier for immigrants
studying science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in American
universities to work in the U.S., is expected to pass a House vote
today with the support of most Republicans and some Democrats (it
did)."

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 14:11:00 -0800, jps wrote:

Eager to help the already rich, Republicans can't wait to make
US-based engineering and technical positions more easily available to
foriegn students.

Republican job cremators. They can't abide investing in Americans for
those jobs, because two, three or four years is too long to wait to
satisfy their quarter-to-quarter buddies in the tech sector.

"The STEM Jobs Act, a bill that would make it easier for immigrants
studying science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in American
universities to work in the U.S., is expected to pass a House vote
today with the support of most Republicans and some Democrats (it
did)."

Shoot. If they were illegal immigrants, then the problem would be nonexistent.

Better stick with guns, jps. Otherwise some folks may think the acronym means 'just plain stupid'.
Of course, that's better than 'Eatin' **** and Dyin'!
jps jps is offline

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 18:34:27 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 14:11:00 -0800, jps wrote:

Eager to help the already rich, Republicans can't wait to make
US-based engineering and technical positions more easily available to
foriegn students.

Republican job cremators. They can't abide investing in Americans for
those jobs, because two, three or four years is too long to wait to
satisfy their quarter-to-quarter buddies in the tech sector.

"The STEM Jobs Act, a bill that would make it easier for immigrants
studying science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) in American
universities to work in the U.S., is expected to pass a House vote
today with the support of most Republicans and some Democrats (it
did)."

How is this short term thinking?

We simply can't get American kids to take these courses. They prefer a
softer course load. If we don't hire these immigrants, the job will
follow them back to Asia or India and we will lose the education plus
the job.

The majority of the $ goes back home to the immigrant's family. Less
gets invested in the local economy and our standard of living
continues to deteriorate.

We have plenty of kids available to take these courses. We're selling
those seats to the highest bidders because state colleges are
underfunded and desperate for higher tuitions that come from out of
state (country) students.

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 02:22:41 -0800, jps wrote:

[...]

Then why are states allowing illegal immigrants to enroll in state colleges paying the resident
tuition rates.

Would these STEM graduates not be adding value to the country with their work? Do your employees add
nothing to the country but the expenditure of their paychecks? If they add nothing, why give them
money?

Earlier you said you paid more than union wages. Are your employees members of a union? Why not?
And, how would you know how much they would demand from you if they were union employees?

Stick to guns.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Because they are living in that state??

Would these STEM graduates not be adding value to the country with their work? Do your employees add
nothing to the country but the expenditure of their paychecks? If they add nothing, why give them
money?

Earlier you said you paid more than union wages. Are your employees members of a union? Why not?
And, how would you know how much they would demand from you if they were union employees?

Stick to guns.

Guns, that the way, Racist John.

jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

So you don't think the innovation and keeping the job here has any
value at all? Don't these immigrants have to buy houses, cars, food
and all of the other things that make it worth living here?

You sound like you have been listening to Rush too long.

We have plenty of kids available to take these courses. We're selling
those seats to the highest bidders because state colleges are
underfunded and desperate for higher tuitions that come from out of
state (country) students.

You have not explained why all of those "available" American kids are
not taking the science and engineering courses.
Are you trying to say they are being discriminated against?
(not enough "affirmative action" perhaps?)

Maybe we should give Americans an extra 500 points on their SATs and
extra grade points once they get accepted so they can compete.
You admit they already get a big break on tuition

Maybe it is just because our overpriced K-12 government schools suck.
We spend more money on K-12 than any other country, yet we rank around
#26 in math and science. That is the real reason why our kids waste
their college money on courses that only qualify them to be the most
interesting barista at Starbucks.

You completely glossed the explanation. Higher ed state schools with
the programs to churn out STEM graduates are opting for the high value
out-of-state (country) students and their higher tuition rates, at the
cost of our own kids having seats.

From what I understand, lots of Chinese students being accepted at US
universities have ginned up resumes and doctored educational
histories.

Cash strapped states are slashing funding for state colleges so
they're stuck in the middle, desperate for higher tuition rates. Those
tuition rates are not as easly reachable for stateside students
anymore, so they're being paid by foreign students from wealthy
families.

Welcome to the new reality in the states. Poorly-funded educational
system incapable of turning out the talent that's sorely needed to
keep the country competitive.

Get it?

#26 in math and science. That is the real reason why our kids waste
their college money on courses that only qualify them to be the most
interesting barista at Starbucks.

You completely glossed the explanation. Higher ed state schools with
the programs to churn out STEM graduates are opting for the high value
out-of-state (country) students and their higher tuition rates, at the
cost of our own kids having seats.

From what I understand, lots of Chinese students being accepted at US
universities have ginned up resumes and doctored educational
histories.

Cash strapped states are slashing funding for state colleges so
they're stuck in the middle, desperate for higher tuition rates. Those
tuition rates are not as easly reachable for stateside students
anymore, so they're being paid by foreign students from wealthy
families.

Welcome to the new reality in the states. Poorly-funded educational
system incapable of turning out the talent that's sorely needed to
keep the country competitive.

Get it?

Sadly, I do get it. Why do you think I have stayed in Montgomery County
Maryland for my childrens K-12 schooling?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/maryland-schools-
insider/post/maryland-schools-ranked-number-one--
again/2012/01/11/gIQA7NEqrP_blog.html

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/06...-high-schools-
ranked-among-top-500-in-nation-62610.html

The problem is that it costs too much to live here if you don't have
children in school.

#26 in math and science. That is the real reason why our kids waste

their college money on courses that only qualify them to be the most

interesting barista at Starbucks.

You completely glossed the explanation. Higher ed state schools with

the programs to churn out STEM graduates are opting for the high value

out-of-state (country) students and their higher tuition rates, at the

cost of our own kids having seats.

From what I understand, lots of Chinese students being accepted at US

universities have ginned up resumes and doctored educational

histories.

Cash strapped states are slashing funding for state colleges so

they're stuck in the middle, desperate for higher tuition rates. Those

tuition rates are not as easly reachable for stateside students

anymore, so they're being paid by foreign students from wealthy

families.

Welcome to the new reality in the states. Poorly-funded educational

system incapable of turning out the talent that's sorely needed to

keep the country competitive.

Get it?

Are you saying there are a significant number of American kids who
apply and are rejected?
As for the allegation that the foreign students fake their
qualifications, maybe a good measure would be the graduation rate.

He obviously hasn't been to a college graduation lately. I have. The higher degrees were award to students who were 75-80% foreign. While they were learning the basics and beyond in school, in families that stress the value of education, their American counterparts were playing X-Box and kicking a soccer ball.

#26 in math and science. That is the real reason why our kids waste

their college money on courses that only qualify them to be the most

interesting barista at Starbucks.

You completely glossed the explanation. Higher ed state schools with

the programs to churn out STEM graduates are opting for the high value

out-of-state (country) students and their higher tuition rates, at the

cost of our own kids having seats.

From what I understand, lots of Chinese students being accepted at US

[...]

===

Family support of educational goals is absolutely key. Too many
parents today make trouble for teachers who give their child poor
grades instead of getting to the root cause. Schools have got to get
over this notion that a child's (and parent's) self esteem is more
important than actual learning.

#26 in math and science. That is the real reason why our kids waste

their college money on courses that only qualify them to be the most

interesting barista at Starbucks.

You completely glossed the explanation. Higher ed state schools with

the programs to churn out STEM graduates are opting for the high value

out-of-state (country) students and their higher tuition rates, at the

cost of our own kids having seats.

From what I understand, lots of Chinese students being accepted at US

[...]

All they really have to do is stop indoctrinating, and start teaching
reading, writing, math, and science. Right now, these subjects are
mostly just names for social engineering classes. My kids did gay rights
projects, in Science class for **** sakes...