Default This jackass will finish his life in prison

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:44:52 -0500, JustWait
wrote:

This guy didn't do anything to try to resolve the situation, he baited
the kids in to a murder.

===

That's not the way that I read the story. If my memory is correct,
the kids broke a window to get into the house, and the sound of
breaking glass woke him up. One of them started to come down the
stairs into the room where he was. Being concerned that they were
armed, he shot first, several times. Where he went wrong was
delivering a final shot at close range after the original threat no
longer existed. He lives in a so called "Castle" state where shooting
an intruder in your home is permitted if you feel threatened. You are
not permitted to fire "execution" shots however, and of course the
police should have been notified immediately. It's quite likely that
he suffers from some sort of mental impairment.

On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:28:36 -0800, jps wrote:

Good example of irrational scum who think taking a life for the theft
of stuff is fair and balanced.

Wonder how he'll feel when we're furnishing him with three hots and a
cot for the rest of his miserable life.

A Minnesota homeowner who shot two teenagers in the midst of an
apparent Thanksgiving Day break-in told authorities he feared they had
a weapon, but acknowledged firing "more shots than I needed to" and
appeared to take pride in "a good clean finishing shot" for one teen,
according to investigators.

Byron David Smith, 64, was charged Monday with two counts of
second-degree murder in a criminal complaint that was chilling for the
clinical way investigators said he described the shootings.

And he *should* finish his life in prison. Once the threat was gone he should have stopped shooting,
as the cop said. As someone else said, a bigger gun would have kept him out of trouble.

On 11/26/2012 6:28 PM, jps wrote:

Good example of irrational scum who think taking a life for the theft
of stuff is fair and balanced.

Wonder how he'll feel when we're furnishing him with three hots and a
cot for the rest of his miserable life.

A Minnesota homeowner who shot two teenagers in the midst of an
apparent Thanksgiving Day break-in told authorities he feared they had
a weapon, but acknowledged firing "more shots than I needed to" and
appeared to take pride in "a good clean finishing shot" for one teen,
according to investigators.

The neighbors won't need to worry about locking their doors for awhile.

Mikek