BoatBanter.com

-   -   Whoohooo, I shot my own kid! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/153545-whoohooo-i-shot-my-own-kid.html)

jps September 28th 12 04:50 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

NEW FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) - During what appeared to be an attempted
late-night burglary, a man fatally shot a masked teenager in
self-defense outside his neighbor's house and then discovered it was
his son, state police said.

Spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said Friday that police are trying to
determine if the gun used by Jeffrey Giuliano, the father, was
registered. It will be at least a week before the probe is done, he
said.

Police said 15-year-old Tyler Giuliano was shot at about 1 a.m.
Thursday in New Fairfield, a town along the New York line just north
of Danbury.

A woman who was alone in the home believed someone was breaking in and
called the teen's father, who lives next door, state police said. The
father grabbed a gun and went outside to investigate, troopers said.

The father confronted someone wearing a black ski mask and black
clothing and then fired his gun when the person went at him with a
shiny weapon in his hand, police said.

When police officers arrived, the teen was lying in the driveway of
the woman's home with gunshot wounds and the father was sitting on the
grass. The teen was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

"All in all it's a tragedy," Vance said.

The teen's father, Jeffrey Giuliano, a fifth-grade teacher in town,
hasn't returned a message seeking comment on what happened.

The teenager was a student at New Fairfield High School, a short walk
from the neighborhood where he was killed.

Superintendent of Schools Alicia Roy sent parents an email about what
happened, The News-Times of Danbury reported.

"Our district has experienced a tragedy that has affected us deeply,"
she wrote, adding that students weren't told of the killing because
all the facts weren't clear.

No charges have been filed. An autopsy on the boy is planned.

JustWait[_2_] September 28th 12 04:51 PM

feel so bad for the family...

....is what you should have said.

jps September 28th 12 05:08 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:00:41 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 08:50:09 -0700, jps wrote:

[...]

He saved society a lot of money in prison costs. The kid was a thief.

You have any idea what happens in a 15 year old brain? Idiocy, that's
what. Kid's brains are rewiring and their frontal cortex is missing.
The brain stem is in control, immediate gratification. Instead of
shooting him to death, perhaps he should have just taken him to the
local police and have him experience the reality of being in jail.

Although Snotty having been locked up doesn't seemed to have helped.

Guns are an easy, quick answer to those without brains or balls enough
to deal with the challenges of life. America is the perfect breeding
ground for an idiot class who depend on easy answers.

JustWait[_2_] September 28th 12 05:16 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On 9/28/2012 12:00 PM, wrote:

No charges have been filed. An autopsy on the boy is planned.

He saved society a lot of money in prison costs. The kid was a thief.

As bad as it is, I hope that turns out to be the case. Turns out the
house he was "breaking into" was his Aunt, his Fathers Sister. Would be
pretty bad if it turned out to be a prank, or other family drama.

I am not suggesting it was, and I haven't heard anything that would lead
me to believe that... I do wonder what kind of "weapon" the kid had, and
why he wouldn't know his dad would probably be armed with a firearm... I
know I would not have "moved toward" a known armed person, I would yell,
"dad, don't shoot".... Just sayin'.

iBoaterer[_2_] September 28th 12 05:34 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

In article ,
says...

[...]

So every kid who ever stole something should be shot dead? Or just this
kid?

[email protected] September 28th 12 05:38 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On Friday, September 28, 2012 12:32:16 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:08:07 -0700, jps wrote:

You have any idea what happens in a 15 year old brain? Idiocy, that's

what. Kid's brains are rewiring and their frontal cortex is missing.

The brain stem is in control, immediate gratification. Instead of

shooting him to death, perhaps he should have just taken him to the

local police and have him experience the reality of being in jail.

You assume the kid's only motive was to steal this woman's Ipod

I find it troubling that he is going into a neighbor's home wearing a

mask at 1 AM when he knows there is a woman in there alone.

And he came at his father with some sort of weapon, according to the article. Drugs?

JustWait[_2_] September 28th 12 05:47 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On 9/28/2012 12:32 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:08:07 -0700, jps wrote:

You have any idea what happens in a 15 year old brain? Idiocy, that's
what. Kid's brains are rewiring and their frontal cortex is missing.
The brain stem is in control, immediate gratification. Instead of
shooting him to death, perhaps he should have just taken him to the
local police and have him experience the reality of being in jail.

You assume the kid's only motive was to steal this woman's Ipod

I find it troubling that he is going into a neighbor's home wearing a
mask at 1 AM when he knows there is a woman in there alone.

.... and it was his aunt...

JustWait[_2_] September 28th 12 05:48 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On 9/28/2012 12:38 PM, wrote:
On Friday, September 28, 2012 12:32:16 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:08:07 -0700, jps wrote:

You have any idea what happens in a 15 year old brain? Idiocy, that's

what. Kid's brains are rewiring and their frontal cortex is missing.

The brain stem is in control, immediate gratification. Instead of

shooting him to death, perhaps he should have just taken him to the

local police and have him experience the reality of being in jail.

You assume the kid's only motive was to steal this woman's Ipod

I find it troubling that he is going into a neighbor's home wearing a

mask at 1 AM when he knows there is a woman in there alone.

And he came at his father with some sort of weapon, according to the article. Drugs?

What weapon, why would any kid approach his dad like that in the first
place... I would assume the kid knew his dad had a firearm...

jps September 28th 12 07:47 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:55:52 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:47:18 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 9/28/2012 12:32 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:08:07 -0700, jps wrote:

You have any idea what happens in a 15 year old brain? Idiocy, that's
what. Kid's brains are rewiring and their frontal cortex is missing.
The brain stem is in control, immediate gratification. Instead of
shooting him to death, perhaps he should have just taken him to the
local police and have him experience the reality of being in jail.

You assume the kid's only motive was to steal this woman's Ipod

I find it troubling that he is going into a neighbor's home wearing a
mask at 1 AM when he knows there is a woman in there alone.

... and it was his aunt...

I am sure there is more to this story than we know right now.

Ah, the back peddling begins. You were alluding to a sexual battering
but were cut short by the revelation that it was his aunt.

Funny how people's brains immediately rush to construct a storyline
that fits the rationalization of their life and perspective.

jps September 28th 12 07:50 PM

Whoohooo, I shot my own kid!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:16:30 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 9/28/2012 12:00 PM, wrote:

No charges have been filed. An autopsy on the boy is planned.

He saved society a lot of money in prison costs. The kid was a thief.

As bad as it is, I hope that turns out to be the case. Turns out the
house he was "breaking into" was his Aunt, his Fathers Sister. Would be
pretty bad if it turned out to be a prank, or other family drama.

I am not suggesting it was, and I haven't heard anything that would lead
me to believe that... I do wonder what kind of "weapon" the kid had, and
why he wouldn't know his dad would probably be armed with a firearm... I
know I would not have "moved toward" a known armed person, I would yell,
"dad, don't shoot".... Just sayin'.

Surprising analysis from the freak. My bet is on family trauma with a
kid who's half out of his mind and acting stupid.

Mistakes with guns aren't easily taken back.