Default 200 miles on one $1.00 charge.....

"BAR" wrote in message ...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article m,
says...

On 9/14/2012 8:56 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

On 9/14/2012 8:02 AM, BAR wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,
says...

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:19:34 -0400, BAR
wrote:

Electric cars have not advanced in 100 years.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/evtech.shtml

===

That's not entirely true.

Battery technology has advanced a lot, and the Volt is a
much
more
comfortable, faster, safer and luxurious car than anything
that
existed 100 years ago. I'd buy one now if the price was
more
in line.

Remind me to post a picture of my neighbors electric boat
one
of these
days. It looks better and better every time the price of
fuel goes
up.

But that's not what FOX told him....

What advances in batteries have we made in the last 100
years?

Reduced weight, higher power. Think Li. Carbon based nanotube
ultracapacitors, and on and on.

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...ecent-battery-
advances/

http://www.technologyreview.com/news...ies-charge-up/

I've heard it all before. I know all about charging and
discharging
cycles and issues.

The materials may have improved but, the basic battery is
still
the
same. You charge it, you discharge it, you charge it and the
cycle
keeps
repeating until the battery wears out.

That's like saying that automobiles are the same as they were
when
Henry
first built one. Hey, the still have internal combustion
engines,
so
using your analogy, they must still be the same!

What has changed in an internal combustion automobile in the
last
100
years?

Fuel delivery... Turbo's, fuel injection...

Plus just about everything in there has been advanced through
what?
Oh,
that terrible "new technology"......

The basic properties of an internal combustion engine powered
automobile
has not changed in 100 years.

Basic properties don't have much to do with anything. Modern steel
composites still have the basic properties of iron ore, but they
sure
aren't iron ore.

So what new technology projects are you helping design? Or are you
just
a member of the pep squad?

I use technology every day in my job.

------------------------
so does everybody else. I designed the new technology before I retired.
There is a hell of a difference between designing tech and using tech.
As
to the internal combustion engine, they are not really that much
different
than a model A engine. Sure the material science makes for longevity,
and
better all weather operation with Fuel injection and now the Kettering
ignition has been improved, but it is still the same basic engine.

Yeah, and all computers are still abacuses. Got it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_ins...n_set_computer

The modern computer is just a lot faster and handles bigger registers.
Eniac was a 4 big register machine.

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...

"BAR" wrote in message ...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article m,
says...

On 9/14/2012 8:56 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

On 9/14/2012 8:02 AM, BAR wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

-----------------------

BIT not Big. Sorry.
Plus there are additional instructions. Plus different architectures, but
overall they are very similar. You can do Digital Signal Processing with a
PC or a MAC or an IBM 303x but you want it to do a Fast Fourier Transform
really fast, then you use a designed DSP. So you can multiply really fast,
as the coefficients can be read from different memories at the same time.
Eniac was not real fast, but was designed to do ballistic tables for the
army. Which you could do faster now, but not any better.

In article ,
says...

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...

"BAR" wrote in message ...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article m,
says...

On 9/14/2012 8:56 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

On 9/14/2012 8:02 AM, BAR wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Do you remember the CISC vs. RISC wars of the 80's and early 90's?

Moore's law too care of the RISC problem.

"BAR" wrote in message ...

In article ,
says...

"Califbill" wrote in message
m...

"BAR" wrote in message ...

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article m,
says...

On 9/14/2012 8:56 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

On 9/14/2012 8:02 AM, BAR wrote:
In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Yes I do remember, but Moore's law was only partially responsible. I
designed a lot of gear with Reduced instruction set CPU's but the big change
was large, cheap memory in a small package. Early 1990 Maxtor drives we had
to deal with an 8 bit processor and overlay's to run the 5" and 3.5" drives.
By the late 1990's the drive companies were using lots of TI DSP's for both
the servo and the interface on the drives. The were not a complete
instruction set machine, but were robust enough to do the job very well.
Plus the cost. I worked with an RF unit for shrinking Collagen that has 2
small microcontrollers. and the replacement unit had an industrial PC. Bad
design on the later unit, but the PC was cheap.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:19:34 -0400, BAR wrote:

Electric cars have not advanced in 100 years.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/evtech.shtml

===

That's not entirely true.

Battery technology has advanced a lot, and the Volt is a much more
comfortable, faster, safer and luxurious car than anything that
existed 100 years ago. I'd buy one now if the price was more in line.

Remind me to post a picture of my neighbors electric boat one of these
days. It looks better and better every time the price of fuel goes
up.
---------------------------------
Does he have a Duffy? Where my daughter lives in the Naples area of Long
Beach, CAlif, lots of the people have Duffy's tied to the dock. Nice boat
for the canals and the Los Alamitos area.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:17:03 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 02:31:36 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
. ..

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:40:51 -0400, BAR wrote:

The more fish you catch with your boat the cheaper the fish become.

===

There you go, once again reminding me of my cost per fish.

They've all be fun and memorable however, and the 8 or 9 Mahi Mahi
have been very tasty.

Yep, I'll certainly never forget my $416,158.00 tuna.

===

My tuna was less than that (I think), but he was smaller than yours as
I recall.

-----------------------

For those involved in the catch, it gets bigger every year. :-)

====

Fish story alert, fish story alert !

Man the battle stations...

At least my last tuna were cheaper than yours and Eisboch's. My July trip
was only about $3500 for the 7 days and I took 470# of (10) Bluefin and (11)
Yellowtail and (2) Dorado to the fish processor. Next trip will be a little
cheaper if I get as much fish. Next trip is an 8 day and I bought it last
night at a fishing group dinner for $2300 which is $175 less than what I
paid for the 7 day. Does not include MX permits and any fuel surcharges or
tips and fish processing.

6 miles to go Wally ASA 0 February 7th 05 10:07 PM
22 miles to go Wally ASA 0 February 7th 05 09:35 PM
75 miles to go Wally ASA 1 February 7th 05 06:57 PM
95 miles to go Wally ASA 0 February 7th 05 05:28 PM
FUEL GAUGE OUT__YAMAHA 200 O/B, MC Barefoot 200 [email protected] General 0 November 25th 03 04:45 PM