Default Yes it is this bad.

In article , earl83878
@hotmail.com says...

X ` Man wrote:
On 8/21/12 11:06 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 08:34:43 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 8/21/12 8:08 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 02:27:42 -0400,
wrote:

I live in shallow water land so that doesn't scare me but hitting
bottom here is just mud and maybe oysters, not a sunken Buick with
Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk.

===

That's because your water is not deep enough for a Buick. :-)

Jimmy Hoffa wouldn't be caught dead in the trunk of a Buick. Jimmy
drove
a Pontiac at the time of his disappearance. The feds claimed he had
been
in Chuckie O'Brien's car, a Merc, on the day he disappeared, but that
was based on finding a strand of his hair in the car. There was no
indication when that hair found its way into the car.

I had met Hoffa sometime in 1967 before he went to prison. A friend of
mine in DC who was working for the old Washington Star knew that and
when Hoffa disappeared, he called me for a quote. It was sort of a
joke,
since I didn't know Hoffa very well. Fortunately or unfortunately, my
quote found its way into the paper and I was kidded about it for years
by my labor union friends.

I did know several of Hoffa's successors as Teamster president fairly
well. Among these were Roy Williams, who I had interviewed several
times
when he was a "rising thug" within the IBT and worked out of Kansas
City, and Jackie Presser. As crooked as these fellows were, however,
they were paragons of virtue compared to the thug who is the current
governor of Florida.

I used to see Hoffa all the time.

Presser was the guy that ratted him out to the feds after being a
virtual adopted son. He was actually the guy who did most of the
things Hoffa went to jail for. Him and Fitz were both crooks, more so
than Hoffa.

The same weekend an article about Presser appeared in the New York
Times, I got a call on a Sunday morning from him. My wife at that time
answered, and she had just finished reading the article. She was a tad
nervous when she handed me the phone. This was back when the IBT was
trying to organize farm workers out from under Cesar Chavez. Presser
was not yet IBT president, but he was close. He wanted me to handle
the marketing and PR for the campaign. I turned him down.
Interestingly, the contract the IBT was negotiating for the
farmworkers it represented was much stronger than what Chavez was
getting. The IBT had more clout. But Chavez was a favorite of the
powers that were at the AFL-CIO and his group was an affiliate, so I
wouldn't touch *that* campaign with a 50-foot pole.

Sure, Harry.

What, you seem to not believe Harry? Has he ever lied here? Oh, wait,
never mind.

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:55:01 -0400, Earl wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Unreal. That was from the guy who proudly stated, "Self-praise sucks."

wrote:

[...]

In your next life perhaps you'll find a useful career.

--

What do the Republican Party of the United States and the Muslim
Brotherhood of the Arab World have in common? They're both faith-based

wrote:

[...]

Did he really post that?

wrote:

[...]

He's a freaking narcissist. That doesn't make sense unless he is
oblivious to that fact.

Not bad at all... Harry  General 19 July 31st 10 04:11 AM
Gene - not bad, not bad at all hk General 3 August 18th 08 01:22 AM
Thirty million pound supersailyacht - build bad or operated bad? Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther Boat Building 0 September 20th 04 07:00 PM
Bad bad news.... Jeff Zimmerman General 3 April 5th 04 07:18 PM
Who's Bad? Jackson's Bush is Bad Bobsprit ASA 3 November 21st 03 02:46 PM