Tim Tim is offline

Default Yes it is this bad.

Here's a really good reason why I haven't attempted to go boating this
year.

Lakes and rivers are too low for comfort. Not much more disgruntling
than snagging a lower end on rocks or a stump.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/drou...els/57173108/1

On Aug 20, 11:53*pm, Tim wrote:
Here's a really good reason why I haven't attempted to go boating this
year.

Lakes and rivers are too low for comfort. Not much more disgruntling
than snagging a lower end on rocks or a stump.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/drou...0/mississippi-...

That sucks...our only problem here on the coast is launching at low
tide on most ramps.
I did find one in St Margaret's Bay that is actually better at low
tide because of the slope of the ramp.
This year I broke down and bought the Govt issued Tide book for the
Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia. It supplements the tide clock I have
mounted just inside the front door of the house.

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:53:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Here's a really good reason why I haven't attempted to go boating this
year.

Lakes and rivers are too low for comfort. Not much more disgruntling
than snagging a lower end on rocks or a stump.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/drou...els/57173108/1

===

I hate it when that happens. We've had plenty of rain in Florida this
summer. I'll try harder to send some in your direction.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USFL0438&animate=true

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Here's a really good reason why I haven't attempted to go boating this
year.

Lakes and rivers are too low for comfort. Not much more disgruntling
than snagging a lower end on rocks or a stump.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/drou...0/mississippi-...

===

I hate it when that happens. *We've had plenty of rain in Florida this
summer. *I'll try harder to send some in your direction.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USFL0....

Wow, it's going from the Gulf to the Atlantic. It's going the wrong
way!

I repositioned the map you posted, Wayne. If you make a triangle from
STL (St. Louis MO)- MTO (Mattoon IL) and EVV (Evansville IN), We're
somewhere in the middle.

We're a bit water challenged here at the moment.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/...spx?region=spi
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 20, 10:08*pm, North Star wrote:
On Aug 20, 11:53*pm, Tim wrote:

Here's a really good reason why I haven't attempted to go boating this
year.

Lakes and rivers are too low for comfort. Not much more disgruntling
than snagging a lower end on rocks or a stump.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/drou...0/mississippi-...

That sucks...our only problem here on the coast is launching at low
tide on most ramps.
I did find one in St Margaret's Bay that is actually better at low
tide because of the slope of the ramp.
This year I broke down and bought the Govt issued Tide book for the
Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia. *It supplements the tide clock I have
mounted just inside the front door of the house.

I wish we were that lucky, Don. There's no such things as tides here,
and if there was, one side of the lake would rise leaving the other
side bone dry.

LOL!

Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 20, 9:53*pm, Tim wrote:
Here's a really good reason why I haven't attempted to go boating this
year.

Lakes and rivers are too low for comfort. Not much more disgruntling
than snagging a lower end on rocks or a stump.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/drou...0/mississippi-...

We were in St. Louis this Saturday and crossing the 'bridge' you could
see the barges on the banks of the "Mighty Miss." almost as if they
had been beached.

There's a couple public landings in view when crossing the river on
I-64 that are usually crammed full of trucks and boat trailers. I
think we counted 5 in one and 3 in another. Mostly short single axle
types, which would indicate small, shallow draft fishing boats.

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 02:27:42 -0400, wrote:

I live in shallow water land so that doesn't scare me but hitting
bottom here is just mud and maybe oysters, not a sunken Buick with
Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk.

===

That's because your water is not deep enough for a Buick. :-)

On 8/21/12 8:08 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 02:27:42 -0400, wrote:

I live in shallow water land so that doesn't scare me but hitting
bottom here is just mud and maybe oysters, not a sunken Buick with
Jimmy Hoffa in the trunk.

===

That's because your water is not deep enough for a Buick. :-)

Jimmy Hoffa wouldn't be caught dead in the trunk of a Buick. Jimmy drove
a Pontiac at the time of his disappearance. The feds claimed he had been
in Chuckie O'Brien's car, a Merc, on the day he disappeared, but that
was based on finding a strand of his hair in the car. There was no
indication when that hair found its way into the car.

I had met Hoffa sometime in 1967 before he went to prison. A friend of
mine in DC who was working for the old Washington Star knew that and
when Hoffa disappeared, he called me for a quote. It was sort of a joke,
since I didn't know Hoffa very well. Fortunately or unfortunately, my
quote found its way into the paper and I was kidded about it for years
by my labor union friends.

I did know several of Hoffa's successors as Teamster president fairly
well. Among these were Roy Williams, who I had interviewed several times
when he was a "rising thug" within the IBT and worked out of Kansas
City, and Jackie Presser. As crooked as these fellows were, however,
they were paragons of virtue compared to the thug who is the current
governor of Florida.

--
I'm a liberal because the militant fundamentalist ignorant
science-denying religious xenophobic corporate oligarchy of modern

In article , dump-on-
says...

wrote:

[...]

Have any evidence of that really happening? I didn't think so.....

Not bad at all... Harry  General 19 July 31st 10 04:11 AM
Gene - not bad, not bad at all hk General 3 August 18th 08 01:22 AM
Thirty million pound supersailyacht - build bad or operated bad? Eddie '/Hi There!'/ Lowther Boat Building 0 September 20th 04 07:00 PM
Bad bad news.... Jeff Zimmerman General 3 April 5th 04 07:18 PM
Who's Bad? Jackson's Bush is Bad Bobsprit ASA 3 November 21st 03 02:46 PM