Default Give me that old time...

....religious hatred.

A viewer of Pat Robertson’s show, The 700 Club, wrote to the show for
advice on dating problems. She wrote,

I’m the mother of three adopted girls. I find the men I date are
okay when I tell them I have three daughters, but when they find out
they are adopted, and from three different countries and not my own
biological children, they don’t want to date anymore.

Whether I tell them upfront or after a couple of dates, all the men
are reacting the same way. They say that they would be okay with it if
the girls were biological children and came with child support. Why are
these men reacting this way?

Robertson did what he does best. He blamed the situation on the woman
and on the fact that she adopted children:

“A man doesn’t want to take on the United Nations, and this woman’s
got all of these various children, and blended family. I mean, what is
it? You don’t know what problems there are. I’m serious. I’ve got a dear
friend, adopted some little kid from an orphanage down in Columbia,
child had brain damage…you know, grew up weird, and you just never know
what’s been done to a child before you get that child; what kind of
sexual abuse has been, what kind of cruelty, what kind of food
deprivation, etc., etc., etc. So, you’re not a dog because you don’t
want to take on that responsibility.

“You don’t have to take on somebody else’s problems. You really
don’t. You can go help people, you can minister to people – we’ve
ministered to orphans all over the world – thousands of them. We love
orphans, we love helping people. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that
I want to take all the orphans around the world into my home.

What a great Christian value...to oppose adoption of kids needing loving
homes.

--
I'm a liberal because the militant fundamentalist ignorant
science-denying religious xenophobic corporate oligarchy of modern

On 8/18/2012 9:05 AM, X ` Man wrote:
[...]

Let me guess. You're an adoptee with brain damage. That might be why
your "daddy" shipped you off to Kansas to fend for yourself.

Give me that old time... Harryk General 1 May 28th 11 05:00 AM
Give him two... H the K[_2_] General 1 October 11th 09 11:12 PM
How much time left on the stooges time out? Jim General 28 July 30th 08 01:13 AM
Time to give up on garmin? Josh Assing General 21 May 11th 08 11:09 AM
I give up ASA 0 January 14th 05 02:02 AM