Default Social disease

On 8/12/2012 5:09 AM, jps wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:53:04 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 16:58:10 -0700, jps wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:45:29 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:57:52 -0700, jps wrote:

Is a gun like a virus, a car, tobacco or alcohol? Yes say public
health experts, who in the wake of recent mass shootings are calling
for a fresh look at gun violence as a social disease.

By MARILYNN MARCHIONE
AP Chief Medical Writer

MILWAUKEE —
Is a gun like a virus, a car, tobacco or alcohol? Yes say public
health experts, who in the wake of recent mass shootings are calling
for a fresh look at gun violence as a social disease.

What we need, they say, is a public health approach to the problem,
like the highway safety measures, product changes and driving laws
that slashed deaths from car crashes decades ago, even as the number
of vehicles on the road rose.

One example: Guardrails are now curved to the ground instead of having
sharp metal ends that stick out and pose a hazard in a crash.

"People used to spear themselves and we blamed the drivers for that,"
said Dr. Garen Wintemute, an emergency medicine professor who directs
the Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of
California, Davis.

Next time you or your family is mugged I hope you have a safe guard
rail for protection.

You'd be stupid enough to reach for a weapon if your family is being
mugged? Really?

Sounds like a sure bet for someone to get killed or maimed. I don't
think that's worth losing earthly possessions. Are your cash and
credit cards worth dying over?

Yes, I would. Bad actors don't necessarily just want your money and go
away..... some like to see blood, suffering, and death.

Given the choice between proactively defending myself and hoping the
criminal respects my well being, I'll always choose the former.

You're stupid. Most people performing muggings want your money and
whatever they could pawn.

Escalating that to a life and death situation with your own hands is
folly.

Cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc. can all be replaced.

Sounds like you don't have a clue about human nature, typical of a
righty who lives scared.

Career crims mentally ill, alkies, gamblers, and druggies don't follow
the patterns of "human nature".I thought you had a clue but you don't.

The poor homeless and hungry do follow the rules of survival and human
nature. You need to be watchful and charitable towards them at the same
time.

It's a miracle you've never been mugged.

On 8/12/2012 5:10 AM, jps wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:50:17 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:00:16 -0700, jps wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 16:29:42 -0700 (PDT), North Star
wrote:

On Aug 11, 8:20 pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 8/11/12 7:08 PM, wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:50:53 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 8/11/12 5:45 PM, wrote:
[...]

What percentage of U.S. families have been mugged?

Just curious.

I'm sure the figure is pretty close to 100%, if you are one of them.
How many people hit guard rails?

Never been mugged.

--
I'm a liberal because the militant fundamentalist ignorant
science-denying religious xenophobic corporate oligarchy of modern

Must be terrible to live so much in fear that you'd have to pack a
shootin' iron all the time.
This week there was a news story about an American off duty cop
visiting a Calgary, Alberta park. He was cryin' that he couldn't
carry his gun there.
Reports say he got blasted by decent folk from both sides of the
border.

He's a paranoid, jesus freak cop. Bad combination.

The guys who approached him "aggressively" were giving away free
tickets to the round up.

I agree with part of that, I'd rather depend on Glock than Jesus, if I
need protection.

He thanked jesus he and his wife were able to avoid harm.

Idiots and their guns. When's the last time you used your gun to
defend yourself or your family? Tell us about it.

When's the last time you used your fire extinguisher, assuming you have one.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Criminals have been performing muggings, videoing them and then putting
them up on the web.

On 8/12/2012 10:12 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

I read up and saw "muggers want to see blood" and knew it had to be
jps... LOL, the guy is probably like harry, living in a basement,
watching fake vids on youtube... LOL!!!

In article , says...

On 8/12/2012 10:12 AM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

So... are you saying that muggings don't happen, or that people don't
get killed, or what? Your insane ramblings need to be translated.

On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:57:52 -0700, jps wrote:

Is a gun like a virus, a car, tobacco or alcohol? Yes say public
health experts, who in the wake of recent mass shootings are calling
for a fresh look at gun violence as a social disease.

So what's your solution, jps?

You keep posting your whines, but present nothing positive. How would you fix the problem?

Social Networking Harry® General 0 October 11th 10 01:02 PM
Long Term Railroad Worker Diesel Exhaust Fume Exposure Linked to Asthma Lung Disease and Cancers Wilbur Hubbard Cruising 0 June 12th 09 09:21 PM
Scary New Disease! Capt. Rob ASA 1 December 6th 05 03:33 AM
I have heard of sailing curing disease. Any comments? wblakesx Cruising 6 June 21st 05 01:09 AM
Warning - Social Disease John Cairns ASA 0 April 2nd 05 02:02 AM