Tim Tim is offline

Default Boat Covers

On Jul 28, 7:51*am, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , earl83872
@hotmail.com says...

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:11:29 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Jul 26, 3:46 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:21:38 +0100, Mark Arter

wrote:

Tim;934106 Wrote:
On Jul 24, 12:40*pm, Mark Arter
wrote:-
My Pontoon of 4 years still looks brand new with regular use of a
cover.
I got mine from Covers direct and it hasnt let me down
--
Mark Arter-
My pontoon didn't have a cover, and still doesn't
.. I stored the furniture in my barn until this spring. At least a
raccoon or some other varmint didn't crawl under the cover and rip up
the furniture and make a filthy nest in it.
When I installed the furniture, it all still looked brand new.
wow, you got lucky
No. Any time you create a hidey-hole for vermin they WILL move in.
Canvas covers for boats sound like a good idea. They just don't work
as advertised, in the real world.
Agreed. My brother has a 20 ft. Monarch tri-hull and he kept imaculate
care of it. ... cover and all. That is untill a raccoon decided it
could climb up on the swim platform and snuggle it's way under the
cover. Then it proceed to make a winter 'nest' out of the seat
cushions etc. Really messed up every seat and some of the carpet.

Not good.

I never cover my boats or my pontoon. I store the boats on their
trailers in my warehouse, and the 30 ft. pontoon sat outside wit the
interior stripped and stored in my enclosed barn for the winter.

It works pretty good that way.
Yeah, but how many more boats can your warehouse hold? Was your brother's boat in a marina? I keep
mine, covered, in a yard with about fifty other boats, mostly covered.. I figure the odds are in my
favor if an animal should decide to make a home in a covered boat. Last year a cat had kittens in
one of the boats - but not mine.

I've been getting mildew stains on my seats even with a top-end cover.
It's dry inside so it must be the humidity. *I can clean the seats with
a Starbrite product - the name escapes me - but it's a PITA. *I tried a
heavy-duty big tarp instead of the cover with the thought that keeping
the water out with some good ventilation would solve the problem - no
luck. *The boat is always stored so the bilge can drain easily. *This
mildew shows up after only two weeks. *I might have to find a barn for
storage. *The problem with that is I like to have easy, and frequent,
access to the boat.

http://www.autogeek.net/3m-mildew-block.html

That's pretty good stuff. A friend of mine uses it in his camper when
he's storing it. It does work fairly well.

iBoaterer wrote:
In article , earl83872
@hotmail.com says...

On Jul 26, 3:46 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:21:38 +0100, Mark Arter

wrote:

Tim;934106 Wrote:
On Jul 24, 12:40*pm, Mark Arter
wrote:-
[...]

If that works as advertised it will be great. Thanks for the tip!

On Jul 26, 3:46 pm, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:21:38 +0100, Mark Arter
wrote:
Tim;934106 Wrote:
On Jul 24, 12:40*pm, Mark Arter
wrote:-
[...]

The boat is less confined than a camper so hopefully it will work very well!

pontoon boat covers shawn General 4 July 26th 12 07:23 PM
Good boat covers Johnny Macintire General 7 July 24th 12 06:42 PM
Speaking of boat covers... John H[_2_] General 18 April 18th 10 08:32 PM
Sea Ray boat covers Haas C General 3 June 27th 08 02:29 AM
boat covers Fred General 4 November 7th 03 11:51 PM