Tim Tim is offline

Default The new Google Groups went into effect today...

And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....
Tim Tim is offline

On Friday, July 20, 2012 5:20:57 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

I will say that on the bright side of this change over, is that it DID clear out the SPAM!

On Jul 20, 10:08*pm, Tim wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 5:20:57 PM UTC-5, Tim wrote:
And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

I will say that on the bright side of this change over, is that it DID clear out the SPAM!

I dont notice anything different here...... My String Beans are doing
fine, though.......

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

This one works well, and the price isn't bad. There are some free ones out there, I hear.

http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

On 7/22/12 12:54 PM, John H. wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:20:57 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

This one works well, and the price isn't bad. There are some free ones out there, I hear.

http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

Agent, for Windows only, is an incredibly complex "reader" to use for
newsgroups. Mozilla Thunderbird is easy, allows multiple accounts, is
available for multiple platforms, and is free and has lots of online
support and add-ons.

On Friday, July 20, 2012 6:20:57 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

And, BTW, although some folks find Agent to be incredibly complex, it's really pretty simple to use.

Besides, I'm only a phone call away.

On 7/22/12 3:15 PM, John H wrote:
On Friday, July 20, 2012 6:20:57 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
And it totally stinks. Looks like I'm finally going to need a news reader....

And, BTW, although some folks find Agent to be incredibly complex, it's really pretty simple to use.

Besides, I'm only a phone call away.

That should be funny: Herring the computer moron giving computer
software advice.

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:15:44 -0700 (PDT), John H
wrote:

although some folks find Agent to be incredibly complex, it's really pretty simple to use.

======

That has been my experience also.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
although some folks find Agent to be incredibly complex, it's really pretty simple to use.

======

That has been my experience also.

I've got Forte Agent 3.0 loaded on my machine somewhere. I've heard
it can be your best friend or your worse nightmare.

Eh, It can be figured out....

wrote:
although some folks find Agent to be incredibly complex, it's really pretty simple to use.

======

That has been my experience also.

I've got Forte Agent 3.0 loaded on my machine somewhere. I've heard
it can be your best friend or your worse nightmare.

Eh, It can be figured out....

I think Thunderbird is easier, more for everyday folks than Agent which
in my opinion is for more experienced readers with more complex needs.
Thunderbird is great for a couple groups and an email or two.

Google Groups users tired of seeing china spam? Tim General 10 April 4th 08 12:36 PM
Cause and effect ~ Wind Joe ASA 1 May 22nd 07 07:41 PM
Coincidence or Cause and Effect? Jim Irvine General 1 November 29th 03 11:16 PM