Default The new Google Groups went into effect today...

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:00:27 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:59:41 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 7/23/12 12:52 PM,
wrote:

Once you get Agent configured for your use it is very simple to
operate. The other good thing is the version I use does not really get
"installed" so it can run from a thumb drive on any machine and when
you pull the drive out it is gone without a trace. Everything stays on
the thumb drive. That is handy if you use more than one machine.

Agent is really aimed at binary users tho.

I am not sure what you mean by "dated". Usenet itself is dated and
hasn't changed in a decade or two. Why would the software have to
change?

I don't require software to run from a thumb drive, and when I sell off
my used apple computers to buy new ones, I wipe the drives clean with a
scrubbing program that allegedly provides a wipe sufficient for some
government agencies or other. In any event, good enough. I don't
download binaries. Therefore, my comment stands...Agent is too complex
for the simple task of reading and posting to the couple of usenet
groups I still follow.

Why would the software change? To add ease of use?

If you thought Agent was hard to use, you just did not customize it
for your use.
I have 2 versions running. One is set up for text groups and one for
binary groups. The top line buttons do different things.

As for the portability, I have more than one machine. If I want to
move from this desk top to my laptop, I sync to a thumb drive, plug
the thumb drive in my laptop and go. All of my newsgroup pointers and
saved posts move with it. When I get home, I just sync the thumb to my
hard drive and it is back here. I can also plug that thumb drive into
the hotel lobby machine (or any other machine) and run from there if I
want to. Then when I leave, everything leaves with me.
Nothing gets written on their hard drive, registry or otherwise.

Nothing very complex about it, that's for damn sure.

On 7/24/12 8:36 PM, wrote:

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:59:41 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 7/23/12 12:52 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Harry is not a computer user, he uses Apple appliances.

Your ignorance must give you a lot of bliss.
I would guess my iPad has a more powerful CPU than whatever old P.O.S.
windoze computer you are using.

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:52:31 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

When I was growing up my grand-parents had an "International
Harvester" refrigerator.

I once owned a IHC rifle.

Casady

wrote:

When I was growing up my grand-parents had an "International
Harvester" refrigerator.

I once owned a IHC rifle.

Casady

My bud has an Electrolux car.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

When I was growing up my grand-parents had an "International
Harvester" refrigerator.

I once owned a IHC rifle.

Casady

m1 carbine or m1 Garand?

My carbine is a mix of Saginaw Steering Gear (GM) and Underwood
Typewriter parts

wrote:

When I was growing up my grand-parents had an "International
Harvester" refrigerator.

I once owned a IHC rifle.

Casady

My bud has an Electrolux car.

"Electrolux" car???

Yup, you plug it into your house outlet. Sold in Europe, runs on 24 volt
with two vacuum machine motors. He also has an electric MG Midget...
Both factory production vehicles, sold in Europe.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:59:41 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 7/23/12 12:52 PM,
wrote:

[...]

True!

Google Groups users tired of seeing china spam? Tim General 10 April 4th 08 12:36 PM
Cause and effect ~ Wind Joe ASA 1 May 22nd 07 07:41 PM
Coincidence or Cause and Effect? Jim Irvine General 1 November 29th 03 10:16 PM