Default Florida Rainy Season Has Started

It looks like the infamous Florida rainy season has started since
we've had nasty little thunderstorms each of the last two afternoons.
Each has had big wind gusts (30 to 50 kts), lots of cloud to ground
lightening, and 2 or 3 inches of rain.

Tim, if you still need rain in Illinois I'll start sending some of
them up your way.

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:27:56 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

It looks like the infamous Florida rainy season has started since
we've had nasty little thunderstorms each of the last two afternoons.
Each has had big wind gusts (30 to 50 kts), lots of cloud to ground
lightening, and 2 or 3 inches of rain.

Tim, if you still need rain in Illinois I'll start sending some of
them up your way.

Here's the link I forgot to post:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8/weatherradar.jpg

wrote:

It looks like the infamous Florida rainy season has started since
we've had nasty little thunderstorms each of the last two afternoons.
Each has had big wind gusts (30 to 50 kts), lots of cloud to ground
lightening, and 2 or 3 inches of rain.

Tim, if you still need rain in Illinois I'll start sending some of
them up your way.

Was Debby enough rain for you?

We managed to get to Atlanta before it really started raining on 75.
We were in North Carolina for Debby and the no name storm that kicked
ass in the North East., By the time we got to Point Lookout for the
4th, the weather was beautiful.

We had a house rented in the NC mountains for 7 days and we poked
along the Blue Ridge Trail for a few days after that. Weather was cool
(70s- low 80s) and no real rain the whole time. Great hiking.
I was totally offline no cell service or wi fi in the cabin.. That was
the best part.

Those folks across Virginia (Charlottesville to the 301 bridge) did
get a taste of weather tho. There were trees down all over. DC was
beat up pretty bad too in the little bit of the waterfront parks we
walked around in while we were waiting for the plane. A lot of those
old growth trees lost limbs and some are just firewood. The GW on the
Arlington side got beat up too.

We just had another serious thunderstorm pass by, and more are on the
way. There were reports of really large hailstones, but we didn't get
any here...yet. The power was out for about 15 minutes, but the genny
kicked on when it was supposed to, and shut itself off after the power
came back on. The brunt of the first storm today was a few miles south
of here.

Rainy day at the mall... King Vurtang The Constipated General 0 July 4th 08 12:08 PM
2006 End of Season First Season report Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 17th 06 12:15 PM
Rainy Day Sail Capt. Rob ASA 38 September 7th 06 12:17 AM
For a rainy day... JohnH General 4 June 3rd 06 10:21 PM
Rainy sailing [email protected] General 3 December 29th 05 02:46 PM