Default Boating with an iPad...

On 6/28/2012 1:12 PM, Oscar wrote:
On 6/28/2012 12:47 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jun 28, 10:53 am, Oscar wrote:
On 6/28/2012 7:48 AM, X ` Man wrote:

On 6/28/12 7:27 AM, North Star wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:45 pm, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 6/27/12 8:25 PM, Earl wrote:

X ` Man wrote:
I've used my iPad "3" on the boat a few times over the last
couple of
months and have found it to be perfectly suitable for "computing
needs," so long as you are in a cabin or outdoors under good
shade. As
with most devices of this type, the color screen simply washes
out to
invisibility in sunlight.

That being said, the device is a nice, small, very light
"computer" to
have on board, especially when in a case like this one:

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zagg...-keyboard-case

It works with wi-fi when available, or on the same networks as any
"smart" cell phone.

The screen is very bright and usable "indoors," and the Zagg
keyboard
is easy to use, even for someone with clunky fingers like mine.
On the
boat, I mostly use the device to find venues and services at the
various places we visit…museums, restaurants, et cetera. But it
also
works as a media server, and movies on its display are very
"watchable." The sound output, though, is not that powerful, so you
either have to use earbuds or plug into an external speaker.

Most of the apps available for the iPhone are also available for
the
iPad, usually in versions scaled for the latter's larger screen.
There
are quite a few apps available for boaters…one of my favorites is
"Knots 3D," which, as the name implies, presents good animations
for
tying all manner of…knots. There are also navigation apps, weather
apps, fishing apps, just what you'd expect. My guess is that
there are
about 100 boating-related apps.

Obviously, a decent laptop computer is more utilitarian than an
iPad,
but...for simple convenience, portability, et cetera, I like the
iPad
better than the laptop I used to use.
This is another lie. Here's the proof:

"It works with wi-fi when available, or on the same networks as any
"smart" cell phone."

Any tablet, iPad included, with wireless capability works on only
ONE
network and the iPad can only work on AT&T or Verizon.

Wrong, JustHateClone. iPads are sold all around the world, and
work on
non-wi-fi networks that are not Verizon or AT&T. Further, you can
change
the SIM card in a US-released AT&T ipad to a European SIM card.
Oh, and iPads will soon be avaliable for other networks in the
USA, just
as the new iPhone now is. In fact, I recently read that iPads for the
SPRINT network will be available shortly.

So, "Earl," if you need a shoehorn to work your head out of your ass,
why, just borrow one from one of the other right-wing turds here.

Oh, and my iPhone is unlocked, which means when I travel to Europe, I
simply pop in a SIM card from a European services provider.

Is there any limit to the ignorance these clown flaunt on a daily
basis?

I used to think there were limits to their ignorance, but JustSnot
proved me wrong.

It's so easy for you to overlook gems like this "these clown flaunt".
This moron should be an embarrassment to you.

Says the big sister of the most criminally insane poster in rec.boats
history.

You aren't enhancing your image here.

These guys are operating at their highest level.. Grade school bullying
is the only tool they have to fight free speech. You are aware of the
literally scores of posters they have bullied off this group in the last
ten years or so?

can.com wrote:
On 6/27/12 8:25 PM, Earl wrote:

X ` Man wrote:
[...]

Oh yeah! But I wouldn't give Donnie any of the credit for that.

On 6/28/12 2:39 PM, JustWait wrote:

These guys are operating at their highest level.. Grade school bullying
is the only tool they have to fight free speech. You are aware of the
literally scores of posters they have bullied off this group in the last
ten years or so?

No one needs to operate at any higher than an REM sleep cycle to box you
up, Little Stupe.

On 6/28/2012 2:56 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 6/28/12 2:39 PM, JustWait wrote:

These guys are operating at their highest level.. Grade school bullying
is the only tool they have to fight free speech. You are aware of the
literally scores of posters they have bullied off this group in the last
ten years or so?

No one needs to operate at any higher than an REM sleep cycle to box you
up, Little Stupe.

Judging by the amount of attention you pay him, he is your worst
nightmare. You need psychiatric help.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X ` Man[_3_] View Post
[...]

are quite a few apps available offshore racing boats for boaters…one of my favorites is "Knots
3D," which, as the name implies, presents good animations for tying all
manner of…knots. There are also navigation apps, weather apps, fishing
apps, just what you'd expect. My guess is that there are about 100
boating-related apps.

Obviously, a decent laptop computer is more utilitarian than an iPad,
but...for simple convenience, portability, et cetera, I like the iPad
better than the laptop I used to use.
I absolutely love my iPad, it is definitely one of the most convenient things to have. There is so much you can do with it that it's ridiculous!!!

Last edited by BountyHunter97 : August 30th 12 at 07:44 PM

In article , says...

can.com wrote:
On 6/27/12 8:25 PM, Earl wrote:

X ` Man wrote:
[...]

Would that be anything like posting lies then calling people a **** when
they catch you in them?

can.com wrote:
On 6/27/12 8:25 PM, Earl wrote:

X ` Man wrote:
[...]

Your right there... He's just a pussy. Can't spell, never probably had
to. Guessing, he was the baby of the house...

On 6/28/2012 3:06 PM, Oscar wrote:
On 6/28/2012 2:56 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 6/28/12 2:39 PM, JustWait wrote:

These guys are operating at their highest level.. Grade school bullying
is the only tool they have to fight free speech. You are aware of the
literally scores of posters they have bullied off this group in the last
ten years or so?

No one needs to operate at any higher than an REM sleep cycle to box you
up, Little Stupe.

Judging by the amount of attention you pay him, he is your worst
nightmare. You need psychiatric help.

He needs to eat his widdew capgun...