Default Boating with an iPad...

In article , dump-on-
says...

On 6/29/12 3:36 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

On 6/29/12 2:31 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

On 6/29/12 1:13 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

On 6/29/12 11:45 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , dump-on-
says...

On 6/29/12 9:36 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,

says...

On 6/29/12 7:54 AM, iBoaterer wrote:

It wasn't bad information, it was a lie! And I personally don't have a
single "i" anything and never will again. I had an iPod and the ensuing
iTunes account for about a week. After I saw how much "i" things take
ahold of your computer, your iPod, your money, etc. I gave the iPod
away, cancelled my account and will NEVER own another Apple product.

iPads are sold in many countries around the world. Most of those
countries have their own telco and internet service providers and cable
companies and the like. These iPads are for the most part not using AT&T
or Verizon networks for data when they are not hooked up to WiFi.
My iPad has non wi-fi network capability (I bought it that way), but I
have not yet signed up for network services with my carrier because to
date I've not had any need for it. Just about anywhere I go with the
iPad has WiFi available and the one time it wasn't, I used another option.

iPhone also are sold around the world. I have an iPad and an iPhone. My
iPhone was "unlocked" by my US carrier so that when I go overseas, I can
simply buy and pop in a SIM card from there and take advantage of
"local" wireless telco rates.

My wife and I have had our own iPods since about 2003. We both use
iTunes, me on a Mac and she on a Windows PC. Neither of us have noticed
iTunes taking over or "ahold" of anything on our computers. iTunes does
indeed manage the iPod, but there are many alternative software packages
out there that also control iPods. iTunes is also the way Apple wants
iPhones and iPads managed. I haven't noticed iTunes taking "ahold" of my
computer when I use it to manage my other portable Apple devices. As far
as "money" goes, iTunes collects your money for Apple and its partners
when you want to buy software or other media through the iTunes store.
It certainly doesn't take "ahold" of your money for any other reason. I
think iTunes is adequate but no more for its intended purposes.

The conclusion here is the same as always: you simply don't know what
you are talking about.

OH, REALLY??

http://www.ask.com/answers/35586361/...-itunes-on-my-
computer-it-takes-over-all-the-programs-anyone-know-how-to-fix-it

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic/itunes-take-over

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia...ing-take-over-
my.html

http://www.justanswer.com/mac-comput...en-85-desktop-
icons-programs.html

http://ayende.com/blog/4700/enough-i...unes-got-to-go

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0195104AApZb9q

http://voices.yahoo.com/dont-let-itu...ake-over-hard-
1773891.html

Need more, dip****?

Any number of media handling software packages do exactly the same
thing...they assume you want that particular program to handle all your
music, all your videos, et cetera. It's easier enough to prevent or
change. I use "VLC" to play most video files, but there are several
other programs on my iMac that also play the same files. It's no big
deal to change it for all time on either a Mac or Windoze machine. The
fact that it presented you with an insurmountable challenge speaks to
your inadequate knowledge base.

Bull****, moron.

Anyone with a modicum of computer savvy knows what I posted in media
handling software is spot on.

Bull****. Hell, I showed you article after article after article about
"i" software.

What you "showed" was that iTunes does what many other suites do...it
attempts to be the player for all sorts of media. You don't have to
allow it. What you also showed is that you don't really have a personal
knowledge base.

Now run off and play with iSnotty...he's your speed.

Odd, I don't have that problem with any other of my Android devices. And
yes, I have more of a "personal knowledge base" that you do.

You do a remarkable job of hiding what you claim to know.

Here's more of that wonderful iStuff.....

http://www.groovypost.com/tips/5-rea...es-for-icloud/

http://www.webmonkey.com/2008/11/the..._itunes_sucks/

http://www.krisandsusanna.com/Docume...ns-iTunes.html

http://www.articleinspector.com/comp...computers/139-
itunes-sucks-and-would-like-anitunes-sucks-and-would-like-an-itunes-
alternative.html

Heheh. As if I really care what passes for thought in your cloned
JustHate brain or your URLs, little iloogy.

Gee, little Harry, now the name calling and insulting starts, as usual,
when you are found wrong! Oh, and those sites aren't mine..... They are
written by others.

On 6/29/12 3:50 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
[...]

It doesn't matter whose sites they are. Hey, if you don't like iTunes,
don't use it. I don't have any "iTunes" problems.

On 6/29/2012 12:50 PM, iBoaterer wrote:

Oh, and those sites aren't mine..... They are
written by others.

Did you read those links? What whining over trivia...
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X ` Man[_3_] View Post
I've used my iPad "3" on the boat a few times over the last couple of
months and have found it to be perfectly suitable for "computing needs,"
so long as you are in a cabin or outdoors under good shade. As with most
devices of this type, the color screen simply washes out to invisibility
in sunlight.

That being said, the device is a nice, small, very light "computer" to
have on board, especially when in a case like this one:

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zagg...-keyboard-case

It works with wi-fi when available, or on the same networks as any
"smart" cell phone.

The screen is very bright and usable "indoors," and the Zagg keyboard is
easy to use, even for someone with clunky fingers like mine. On the
boat, I mostly use the device to find venues and services at the various
places we visit…museums, restaurants, et cetera. But it also works as a
media server, and movies on its display are very "watchable." The sound
output, though, is not that powerful, so you either have to use earbuds
or plug into an external cheap speakers.

Most of the apps available for the iPhone are also available for the
iPad, usually in versions scaled for the latter's larger screen. There
are quite a few apps available for boaters…one of my favorites is "Knots
3D," which, as the name implies, presents good animations for tying all
manner of…knots. There are also navigation apps, weather apps, fishing
apps, just what you'd expect. My guess is that there are about 100
boating-related apps.

Obviously, a decent laptop computer is more utilitarian than an iPad,
but...for simple convenience, portability, et cetera, I like the iPad
better than the laptop I used to use.
Recently purchased my first boat and I want to add sound system compatible with my ipad. Is it possible?

Last edited by Checash : April 2nd 13 at 07:53 AM