Rick

Default Incredible MOB survival story!

Doug Kanter wrote:

You must be very young, or you have somehow passed through many years and
developed little or no ability to come to conclusions which fit what you
have observed.

"She slipped and fell in the water without a life jacket."

"The water was rough," she said ..."The waves were coming over my head."

"Neither the boat's three-man crew nor those of other boats that
floated past heard her cries."

Rough water, small head, no one aware of or looking for a MOB. So, which
vessel's crew should be executed first?

I stand by my description of your attitude as uninformed, inexperienced,
and lubberly.

Rick

Doug Kanter

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
Doug Kanter wrote:

You must be very young, or you have somehow passed through many years

and
developed little or no ability to come to conclusions which fit what you
have observed.

"She slipped and fell in the water without a life jacket."

"The water was rough," she said ..."The waves were coming over my

head."

"Neither the boat's three-man crew nor those of other boats that
floated past heard her cries."

Rough water, small head, no one aware of or looking for a MOB. So, which
vessel's crew should be executed first?

I stand by my description of your attitude as uninformed, inexperienced,
and lubberly.

Rick

The captain first. The other two can draw straws.

UglyDan®©™

She's a lucky lady, But IMO she was more than likely just along for the
ride, Since she fell over at night and no one noticed, Shrimpboats only
work at night in the Gulf, and ALL hands turn 2 culling the catch
between tows, No breaks, no reading, just work! At sunrise they haul the
nets, throw the hook, and lay to for the day, Then you take your break.
Don't ask me how I know, I just do, UD

Doug Kanter

"UglyDan®©T" wrote in message
She's a lucky lady, But IMO she was more than likely just along for the
ride, Since she fell over at night and no one noticed, Shrimpboats only
work at night in the Gulf, and ALL hands turn 2 culling the catch
between tows, No breaks, no reading, just work! At sunrise they haul the
nets, throw the hook, and lay to for the day, Then you take your break.
Don't ask me how I know, I just do, UD

I know. A family member spent 5 yrs working on a shrimper in the Gulf.

Meanwhile, the captain should've been able to keep track of 3-4 people. I
don't buy the excuses.

Tammy Bush

On 10 Oct 2003 14:57:08 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

, Lopez
swam and floated until she reached safety at an oil platform, spray-painted a
distress signal and managed to activate an alarm system to summon help.

Damn graffiti vandal, and a minority to boot!

TAm

Calif Bill

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"UglyDan®©T" wrote in message
She's a lucky lady, But IMO she was more than likely just along for the
ride, Since she fell over at night and no one noticed, Shrimpboats only
work at night in the Gulf, and ALL hands turn 2 culling the catch
between tows, No breaks, no reading, just work! At sunrise they haul the
nets, throw the hook, and lay to for the day, Then you take your break.
Don't ask me how I know, I just do, UD

I know. A family member spent 5 yrs working on a shrimper in the Gulf.

Meanwhile, the captain should've been able to keep track of 3-4 people. I
don't buy the excuses.

Oh. Bull. Aquaintance was on a 3 day out SD and guy and his son are aboard.
Guy is 450-500# fat. And drunk. Everybody is sleeping and at 2 AM son says
he can not find his dad. Not hard to seach a 75' boat for a really fat
drunk. They contact CG and retrace their route and do not find the guy. At
sunrise some sailboat finds the guy floating along, and somewhat sober.
Good shape, except for hangover. They rig a hoist off the mast to lift the
pile of blubber into the boat. Fat does float and insulate. He tried
peeing off the transom on a boat with a couple of heads. Maybe he did not
fit. You want to shoot the captain of this boat also? **** happens and not
always looking at all the crew 24/7.

Keith

Never worked on a boat, eh?

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Sounds like a pretty sloppy arrangement to me, but hey...I'm nuts about
details.

"Rick" wrote in message
nk.net...
Doug Kanter wrote:

Hopefully, she's tough enough to find and kill the crew that left her

out
there.

Hopefully she has the moral strength to avoid jumping to absurd

conclusions.

The Coast Guard received a relayed message from the shrimper two hours
after she was last seen on the boat. Commercial crews work hard and
don't go around doing bed checks on each other. When someone is "off"
the crew tend to leave them alone and not wake them up every few minutes
to see if they are still alive and onboard.

Not being onboard I certainly can't say what happened but it sure sounds
like she was "off" for the duration of a drag and she was left alone to
find some peace and quiet. When the drag was finished the crew called
her out and discovered she was missing. They then called for help.

If you think they deserve to be murdered for that then please stay

ashore.

Rick

Backyard Renegade

"UglyDan®©T" wrote in message
She's a lucky lady, But IMO she was more than likely just along for the
ride, Since she fell over at night and no one noticed, Shrimpboats only
work at night in the Gulf, and ALL hands turn 2 culling the catch
between tows, No breaks, no reading, just work! At sunrise they haul the
nets, throw the hook, and lay to for the day, Then you take your break.
Don't ask me how I know, I just do, UD

I know. A family member spent 5 yrs working on a shrimper in the Gulf.

Meanwhile, the captain should've been able to keep track of 3-4 people. I
don't buy the excuses.

Excuses for what? Not having eyes 360 degrees? Not watching one person
while he works? Not doing what no one else does during these
processes? Please, and make sure to detail this, tell us exactly what
went wrong and why you blame anyone but the lady hanging out on deck
without proper equipment? Geeze, sometimes when you are wrong it is
time to admit it or just leave it alone.
Scotty, who was not there, so will not pass judgement.
Doug Kanter

Captain: Vest on, or in the cabin. Period.

Wayne.B

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:02:00 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Captain: Vest on, or in the cabin. Period.

Doug, what world do you boat in ? Any adults on board ?

Boating story Gould 0738 General 18 October 5th 03 10:34 PM
The best laid plans... we'd ignore -- a boat buyer's story Dionysus Feldman General 0 September 8th 03 09:49 PM
Story about a historic schooner Gould 0738 General 4 August 22nd 03 01:03 AM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM