Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival...only a little OT.

Spent last week 'camping' at the Granite Hill Campground just outside Gettysburg, PA, for the
Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival.

Having been a virtual 'Bluegrass Virgin', I had no idea what to expect. All I knew was the $500+
seemed like a lot of money to pay for a camping trip where a few people would wail and pick a
guitar.

Wow! There is a lot more to Bluegrass music than I ever thought possible. Saw these guys play this
song, which I loved, and which confirmed that I needed to buy some Bluegrass CDs. (Crank up the
sound!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0X4svWcoTQ

The fiddler was superb! In fact, I really enjoyed all but one of the groups. One group cranked the
volume way up and drove me (and most other folks) far away from the stage. This group, led by Ron
Thomason, was superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNn2BQIj0Xw

Ron sounds like your typical redneck, but I talked to him before they went on. When not on stage, he
talks without the 'down home' accent!

Anyway, if you've never been to something like this, you're missin' out on a big treat. There's
another one in August. Wish we could go. More info he

http://www.gettysburgbluegrass.com/festival/

OK, that's all folks! Git yursef' to a Bluegrass Festival some'ers.

Boycott Gettysburg Tom General 2 August 20th 06 01:28 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Cruising 0 August 8th 06 05:30 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom General 0 August 8th 06 05:29 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom General 7 July 30th 06 02:23 PM
Boycott Gettysburg Tom Cruising 5 July 28th 06 02:07 PM