Default It's Sunday, the day to...

On 5/20/12 7:26 PM, Tim wrote:
On May 20, 5:20 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 5/20/12 6:01 PM, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 9:10 am, wrote:

If you take a wife and she's not a virgin, you're supposed to kill her.
Says so right in the Bible!

OT (mosaic) law.

And your point?

Christians are always citing Mosaic law, especially conservative fundie
christians, to state beliefs and standards of behavior. How do I know?
The bible tells me so. And what could be more Mosaic than the 10
commandments?

Of course, modern day christians are *selective* in what they want to
impose on others.

OK, so again, what's your point?

The hypocrisy of religion, which I differentiate from a belief in a
creator.

On 5/20/12 7:27 PM, Tim wrote:
On May 20, 5:22 pm, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 5/20/12 6:00 PM, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 8:57 am, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:

Virginity was highly overrated then...and now.

Why?

It's bit of a simple-minded way to judge the "purity" or "righteousness"
or whatever of a partner, among other things.

Very simple indeed Harry, I thought you were above that.

I don't see the connection between virginity and anything but virginity
in most people over the age of 14.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 20, 6:40*pm, X ` Man

The hypocrisy of religion, which I differentiate from a belief in a
creator.

OK, so why do you think it's worthy of discussion on a boating news
group?

Do you really feel it that necessary?
Tim Tim is offline

On May 20, 5:20*pm, X ` Man

And what could be more Mosaic than the 10
commandments?

the "10 Commandments" and the "Mosaic Law" are two different
objects, Harry.

The commandments were Gods benchmark, and the Law was how the
Israelite's were to be judged.

Of course, modern day Christians are *selective* in what they want to
impose on others.

As well as your *selective* scripture references.

On 5/20/12 11:06 PM, Tim wrote:
On May 20, 5:20 pm, X ` Man

And what could be more Mosaic than the 10
commandments?

the "10 Commandments" and the "Mosaic Law" are two different
objects, Harry.

The commandments were Gods benchmark, and the Law was how the
Israelite's were to be judged.

Of course, modern day Christians are *selective* in what they want to
impose on others.

As well as your *selective* scripture references.

Mosaic law includes the 10 Commandments. And the point is that those who
use "selected" passages in the bible to try to control others, as
fundies are wont to do, and ignore the passages they don't like, are
hypocritical control freaks and nothing more. The bible says a lot of
things and if you are going to cite it as *the* source of what is right
or wrong, you can't cherry pick.

On 5/20/12 10:38 PM, Tim wrote:
On May 20, 6:40 pm, X ` Man

The hypocrisy of religion, which I differentiate from a belief in a
creator.

OK, so why do you think it's worthy of discussion on a boating news
group?

Do you really feel it that necessary?

This is not a boating news group and hasn't been for years.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 21, 5:40*am, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 5/20/12 10:38 PM, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 6:40 pm, X ` Man

The hypocrisy of religion, which I differentiate from a belief in a
creator.

OK, so why do you think it's worthy of discussion on a boating news
group?

Do you really feel it that necessary?

This is not a boating news group and hasn't been for years.

Sure it is. You just choose it not to be.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 21, 5:28*am, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 5/20/12 11:06 PM, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 5:20 pm, X ` Man

* And what could be more Mosaic than the 10
commandments?

the "10 Commandments" and the "Mosaic Law" * are two different
objects, Harry.

The commandments were Gods benchmark, and the Law was how the
Israelite's were to be judged.

Of course, modern day Christians are *selective* in what they want to
impose on others.

As well as your *selective* scripture references.

Mosaic law includes the 10 Commandments. And the point is that those who
use "selected" passages in the bible to try to control others, as
fundies are wont to do, and ignore the passages they don't like, are
hypocritical control freaks and nothing more. The bible says a lot of
things and if you are going to cite it as *the* source of what is right
or wrong, you can't cherry pick.

Then why do you?

On 5/21/12 7:29 AM, Tim wrote:
On May 21, 5:28 am, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 5/20/12 11:06 PM, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 5:20 pm, X ` Man

And what could be more Mosaic than the 10
commandments?

the "10 Commandments" and the "Mosaic Law" are two different
objects, Harry.

The commandments were Gods benchmark, and the Law was how the
Israelite's were to be judged.

Of course, modern day Christians are *selective* in what they want to
impose on others.

As well as your *selective* scripture references.

Mosaic law includes the 10 Commandments. And the point is that those who
use "selected" passages in the bible to try to control others, as
fundies are wont to do, and ignore the passages they don't like, are
hypocritical control freaks and nothing more. The bible says a lot of
things and if you are going to cite it as *the* source of what is right
or wrong, you can't cherry pick.

Then why do you?

I don't use the bible to try to control people or as a device to
spread hatred and cruelty. That's a fundamentalist trait.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 21, 6:36*am, X ` Man dump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com wrote:
On 5/21/12 7:29 AM, Tim wrote:

On May 21, 5:28 am, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com *wrote:
On 5/20/12 11:06 PM, Tim wrote:

On May 20, 5:20 pm, X ` Man

[...]

I don't either, but you seem to enjoy twisting the scripture to how
ever you feel comfortable.

Really Harry, you shouldn't do that.