Default It's Sunday, the day to...

In article , says...

On 5/23/2012 8:53 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In ,
says...

On 5/22/2012 5:43 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2012 09:44:33 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Sun, 20 May 2012 09:01:23 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

Religion...why, it's whatever you want it to be!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw

Hilarious!!!! And there's this one, too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-q1wFvXnv0
&src_vid=OFkeKKszXTw&annotation_id=annotation_4244 94&feature=iv

Don't miss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E4M3...feature=relmfu

Wow, all that hate... Do you guys really think you are better than
everyone who is not you? Must be a Progressive thing, maybe it's a gene
like Downs Syndrome or something. There should be a study.

Who said anything about hating anybody? To be honest, I think I AM
better than someone who thinks there is an all knowing, all seeing god
on a planet called kolob. I also think I'm better than someone who
believes that their "goddesses" (wives) must spend eternity in "full
submission" to their husbands. I also have trouble with the belief that
the Garden of Eden is in Missouri!

So, you think you are better than anybody who doesn't think just like
you.. Well, we already knew you were a bigot, now you just proved it..

Can you even read? Where the hell did I ever state that I thought I was
better than "anybody who doesn't think just like" me? I don't care if
you're stupid enough to believe that god lives on a planet called kolob.

On 5/23/2012 3:31 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2012 20:02:17 -0700, wrote:

On 5/22/2012 7:29 PM, thumper wrote:

Fear of punishment or hopes of reward are unnecessary for moral behavior
and I sincerely doubt the integrity of those who require it.

That sounded pretty dickish which wasn't my intent and it certainly
wasn't directed at Tim. I apologize for the awkward tone.

Well, it may have sounded a trite dickish, depending on who and what you responded to, but I can't
see anything erroneous in what you said (for whatever that's worth - which ain't much!). And I'm
sure Tim would agree with the statement.

It was in response to Tim's biblical quotes threatening an ultimate
judgment day. They appeal to fearful immaturity (IMO).

On Wed, 23 May 2012 09:20:03 -0700, thumper wrote:

On 5/23/2012 3:31 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2012 20:02:17 -0700, wrote:

On 5/22/2012 7:29 PM, thumper wrote:

Fear of punishment or hopes of reward are unnecessary for moral behavior
and I sincerely doubt the integrity of those who require it.

That sounded pretty dickish which wasn't my intent and it certainly
wasn't directed at Tim. I apologize for the awkward tone.

Well, it may have sounded a trite dickish, depending on who and what you responded to, but I can't
see anything erroneous in what you said (for whatever that's worth - which ain't much!). And I'm
sure Tim would agree with the statement.

It was in response to Tim's biblical quotes threatening an ultimate
judgment day. They appeal to fearful immaturity (IMO).

Most folk don't take everything in the Bible literally.

On 5/23/12 1:22 PM, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2012 09:20:03 -0700, wrote:

On 5/23/2012 3:31 AM, John H. wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2012 20:02:17 -0700, wrote:

On 5/22/2012 7:29 PM, thumper wrote:

Fear of punishment or hopes of reward are unnecessary for moral behavior
and I sincerely doubt the integrity of those who require it.

That sounded pretty dickish which wasn't my intent and it certainly
wasn't directed at Tim. I apologize for the awkward tone.

Well, it may have sounded a trite dickish, depending on who and what you responded to, but I can't
see anything erroneous in what you said (for whatever that's worth - which ain't much!). And I'm
sure Tim would agree with the statement.

It was in response to Tim's biblical quotes threatening an ultimate
judgment day. They appeal to fearful immaturity (IMO).

Most folk don't take everything in the Bible literally.

Most fundies do, and, most fundies are Republicans.

On 5/23/2012 1:37 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/23/12 1:22 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

You are funny when you try to tell folks who have a moral core, what
they are thinking... LOL!

On 5/23/2012 6:32 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/22/12 11:11 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 5/22/2012 11:02 PM, thumper wrote:
On 5/22/2012 7:29 PM, thumper wrote:

Fear of punishment or hopes of reward are unnecessary for moral
behavior
and I sincerely doubt the integrity of those who require it.

That sounded pretty dickish which wasn't my intent and it certainly
wasn't directed at Tim. I apologize for the awkward tone.

It's ok. Tim is kicking harrys ass here... all he has left is the slob...

snerk Tim, bless him, is selling the same old simple biblical

horse**** that everyone who believes in that sort of thing is selling.
It's his right and privilege to do so, but it doesn't make what he is
selling real and credible. Religion is based upon nothing more than
superstition and is man's attempts to "explain" what he doesn't
understand. Religion throughout history has been used to control man. It
doesn't answer the question as to whether there is or is not a creator
because religion lacks proof.

As for who is "the slob," I'd say without equivocation that you long ago
retired that trophy, too.

Is anyone else tired of the never ending sermons presented by our
resident athiest/agnostic expert on religion?

On 5/23/12 3:57 PM, JustWait wrote:
On 5/23/2012 1:37 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/23/12 1:22 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

Today's fundies have a moral core built upon hate.

On 5/23/2012 1:37 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/23/12 1:22 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

You, loogie, and the pig are the ones here trolling Tim and the rest of
the religious here. That is nothing but liberal intolerance and hate...
but not unexpected..

On 5/23/2012 1:37 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 5/23/12 1:22 PM, John H. wrote:
[...]

I respect Tim's religious feelings as they pertain to helping others.
I'm not aware of anyone else here who might qualify as "the religious,"
meaning a person who follows at least some of the significant teachings
of Jesus, if they happen to be Christians. There's no evidence
whatsoever that you follow the teachings of Jesus. You're a hate-filled
little monkey.