Default For animal lovers...

In article , says...

On 5/6/2012 12:13 PM,
wrote:
On Sat, 5 May 2012 12:49:58 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Sat, 5 May 2012 09:11:48 -0700, "Califbill"
wrote:

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 04 May 2012 19:28:55 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

Bass fishermen are different, nobody wants to eat a freshwater bass
anyway, and artificials are perfect for them... Other fishermen catch
fish you want to eat, and they don't do as well with artificials. I
suppose you are gonna' tell us you never took a fish, never killed a
fish, and never used natural bait, right??? Pffffttt. I suppose you will.

Lots of people eat freshwater bass, jerkwater.

Not serious bass fishermen.

That is the old fish story isn't it? The largest recorded large mouth
was reportedly caught by an old woman who had it weighed at a local
store. When the word got out about it and the record people tracked
her down, they were just finishing it up ... or so the legend goes.

After all it is a fish story.

None of the guys I fish fresh water with keep a bass. They will catch
a mess of specks if they want a fish fry.

On the other hand all of the salt water people I know are in the
fillet and release club.

Go your local Asian market with live fish sales. There will be those Bass
for sale.

They eat dogs too.

There is also the traditional Asian dish Mo Goo Gai Cat.

I find it incredible that some here don't realize that bass is eaten (a
lot) and it's very good!

I suppose you want the biggest, fattest one you can catch too.

Nobody eats fresh water Bass... Well, except all the people Plum knows,
but then again, remember, Plum says whatever he needs too to continue
the game...

Really?

http://www.fly-fishing-discounters.c...s-recipes.html

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ss-with-lemon-
garlic-herb-butter-sauce-recipe/index.html

http://cookfishandgame.com/LargemouthBassRecipes.aspx

http://www.bassonhook.com/fishforfood/bassrecipes.html

And about a million more, fool.

On 5/7/2012 10:10 AM, Oscar wrote:
On 5/7/2012 8:41 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In , says...

wrote:

[...]

Why do the recipes mostly call for powerful seasonings?

Not because of any strong taste or smell like say, Bluefish, etc. Fresh
water Bass is tasty and clean... Well at least up here in the North,
(wouldn't touch a warm fresh water fish anyway), but very boney. Most
folks up about here don't eat them, I don't know anybody who keeps and
eats fresh water Bass.

wrote:

[...]

Actually bluefish has a mild taste and flaky texture if cooked in lemon
juice or onions or green peppers or probably many other things that
won't mess with the delicate fish flavor. Gut the fish soon after
catching it while trying not to rupture any organs. Pot the fish on ice
not under ice where it could stew in it's own juices.
If you don't want to go to that trouble then you could reach into his
mouth and gently extract the hook and throw him back. Hopefully he will
survive to be caught by someone who appreciates good food.

(Catch and release bluefish at your own risk) ;-)

Seriously, I know about eating bluefish, my kids love it and so do I.
But I throw most back... But still, I don't really go for any food that
tastes good "if you cook it in (insert your strong taste here)... Just
sayin'... I like the smaller schoolie bluefish and as to your method of
keeping the fish, it's ok but... We fillet them right there, feed the
crabs the leftovers, cut the blood vein out, and throw the fillets on
ice... When I catch Bluefish, I am usually looking for Big Stripers..