Default 13 most useless majors!

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:35:03 -0400, BAR wrote:

I'm actually on one of my boats as we speak. Any recommended
favorites in Key West, Florida? We're going to be here for at least
a few more days. Weather is somewhat marginal but the rain has held
off so far. Docking yesterday in 20+ knots of wind was "interesting"
but uneventful in the end.

On shore or off shore wind?

===

Wind was out of the east south east so mostly offshore from where we
are docked. The outer approach was gnarly but things flattened out
inside.

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 20:52:01 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:28:33 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:33:09 -0400,
wrote:

Do you have a boat? Want to talk about that, instead?

===

Yes, more than I can count. Should we start with the canoe and all
of the inflatables, or would you rather start with the trawler and
runabout? I think my son's windsurfer is still in the storage locker
if that is of interest.

I'm SO impressed with your stable! Now that we have your opulence on
the table, could we just talk about boating in general?

===

I'm glad you're impressed with my stable. If you look closely you
may be able to spot the back end of a horse somewhere in your mirror.

Let me gently remind you that you did ask if any of us had boats. And
let me also remind you that boats care little for politics left or
right, only port and starboard.

For what it's worth, I learned something new today while walking the
Key West waterfront, always an adventure. A small party boat had
just docked and the mate was throwing left over live bait to a school
of tarpon lurking under the dock. The tarpon were big, 5 to 6
footers, and they were snapping up the bait fish like jelly beans,
small oval shaped, silvery fish about 2 inches long. I asked the mate
what they were and he replied with something that sounded like
"maharrah".

I'd never heard of maharrah so I tried to Google it up when I got back
to the boat. After several search variations and a few clues from
Google I finally found it. As it turns out, the correct spelling is
actually Mojarra.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojarra

Like I said, learn something new everyday.

Take good care of that horse.

Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 28, 7:46*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:47:13 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Apr 28, 3:30*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:09:21 -0400, Wayne B

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:54:44 -0400, wrote:

You have set forth the position that anything but a technical degree
is "useless," and *those non-technical types make less money and hold
less prestigious jobs. Are you ready to post that there is merit to a
liberal arts education that transcends the paycheck?

===

Why not just let it go?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and priorities, and it is
difficult to measure subjective benefits in any event.

Howzabout a spirited boat discussion?

I'm good with that.... anybody left here own a boat, so that I'm not
just talking to myself?

Do you have a boat? If so, what is it, and why dont' you post about
it.?

Tim, I'd be glad, within reason. I have a large mid-size walk around,
a slightly smaller CC, and a small bay boat.

I do NOT own a Zimmerman like anything, nor (sadly) do I own a
Hatteras of ANY length.

I boat in Salt and Fresh water. I love to fish and do so, frequently.
I have USCG professional qualifications.

To tell more would enable the assholes of this newsgroup to possibly
take advantage of me. I don't need my address or telephone number
posted. I don't need to be stalked. I don't need the gutless posters
here to stalk my family.

There are folks here that I have crossed swords with I think I could
call friend, if we were able to meet each other without anonymity.

I've always been about discussing boats and boating. I'll stop posting
political BS, when that is acceptable, here.

I won't call you out and ask you to post your boating credentials,
because I know you are a true boater. Perhaps you could persuade some
of the righties that trust your lead, to do the same.

I'd like to persuade some of the 'lefties' here as well, but in a
boating news group it's always acceptable to post boating threads and
no mess with the political muse.

And I do understand ones anonymity if one is felt to go that
direction. I don't myself. My name is what it is, and I have two
email addresses both have been used here on rec-boats.

Thanks for keying in on the type and styles of your craft. I, as well
as some others are interested in hearing about them in the future.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
[...]

BTW, I've never been the type to 'call out' someone. No need for it

On 4/28/2012 4:23 PM, Wayne B wrote:

... Docking yesterday in 20+ knots of wind was "interesting"
but uneventful in the end.

I came into to dock a little fast tonight and couldn't drop the reverse
bucket on the jet... must have picked up a stick. Good thing the boat
is harder than the dock. From now on I'm checking before getting that
close.

Future Liberal Arts Majors TopBassDog General 2 December 19th 11 04:51 PM
Big Majors - Sampson 4-1 to 4-3, 2009 Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 0 April 11th 09 03:05 PM
Big Majors and Staniel Cays - 3-26 to 4-1 2009 Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 0 April 11th 09 02:52 PM
Useless propeller Bob Crantz ASA 78 September 2nd 06 05:52 PM
UTTERLY USELESS Bobsprit ASA 0 January 14th 04 05:33 PM