Default 13 most useless majors!

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

Why does that make them "useless?"

Because you can make as much money with a high school diploma.

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:28:12 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

Why does that make them "useless?"

Because you can make as much money with a high school diploma.

So, there is no value in education beyond the pay check! Oh, I get it,
this is iBoaterer, never mind.

So.... you'd go to school at full cost to you to get a job that you
could get without a college degree? Figures.

On 4/26/12 1:00 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:28:12 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

Why does that make them "useless?"

Because you can make as much money with a high school diploma.

So, there is no value in education beyond the pay check! Oh, I get it,
this is iBoaterer, never mind.

I'm not aware of a liberal arts grad in my immediate circle of
colleagues and acquaintances, about 50 men and women, who is making less
than six figures a year, if that is any kind of standard, with the
exception of a few classroom teachers. Most of us deliberately avoiding
getting a "trade school education" in college, and attended for the
value of what a good liberal arts education can help you achieve
mentally. Back in the days before electricity, when I was an undergrad,
I remained in the College of Arts & Sciences rather than take the offer
of a transfer to the School of Journalism, not that I had anything
against the school or journalists. The courses I wanted to take in the
J-school were available to any university undergrad.

Sadly, our society doesn't value with money those who give to society
(teachers, firemen, police officers, nurses, social workers, et cetera)
as much as it values with money those who take from society (bankers,
stock brokers, senior corporate execs, MBAs, many lawyers, et cetera).

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

Why does that make them "useless?"

Would you like fries with that?

[...]

$200,000 dollars in debt and what do you get? No marketable skills and a
$2,500 dollar a month student loan payment each month.

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:28:12 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

Why does that make them "useless?"

Because you can make as much money with a high school diploma.

===

Arguably some people are able to do that but the broad based
statistics are against you. I have run into a surprising number of
people however with good educations but with no clue how to put that
knowledge to practical use. There should be a mandatory college
course called "Resourcefulness, Hustle and Problem Solving".

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:33:37 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

Why does that make them "useless?"

Would you like fries with that?

Well, apparently that high school diploma taught you suggestive
selling. Congrats.

It also taught me the value of a good work ethic, which has resulted in
a very good standard of living.

On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:32:34 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:33:37 -0400, wrote:

[...]

A very good work ethic that taught you to belittle people that work at
McDonald. Last time I checked, that was an honest living. Great
accomplishment.

Not everybody is so narrow as to judge quality of life by the size of
the paycheck. However, if that floats your boat, have at it.

Romney would love you, let the little people eat cake.

Uh, that's Bar, not Harry you are responding to.

Future Liberal Arts Majors TopBassDog General 2 December 19th 11 04:51 PM
Big Majors - Sampson 4-1 to 4-3, 2009 Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 0 April 11th 09 03:05 PM
Big Majors and Staniel Cays - 3-26 to 4-1 2009 Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 0 April 11th 09 02:52 PM
Useless propeller Bob Crantz ASA 78 September 2nd 06 05:52 PM
UTTERLY USELESS Bobsprit ASA 0 January 14th 04 05:33 PM