Default 13 most useless majors!

On 4/27/12 9:18 AM, JustWait wrote:
On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:32:34 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:33:37 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, wrote:

Gee, sure are a lot of liberal arts degrees in there, including
Journalism and English Lit!

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow...ollegemajors/?
cid=hero_media

Probably some kind of knuckle dragger's sour grapes. Reread and
note
the "experienced" unemployment rate for most of those jobs.

It's a very well researched fact that liberal arts majors don't
make the
kind of money that technical and physical science type majors do.

Why does that make them "useless?"

Would you like fries with that?

Well, apparently that high school diploma taught you suggestive
selling. Congrats.

It also taught me the value of a good work ethic, which has resulted in
a very good standard of living.

A very good work ethic that taught you to belittle people that work at
McDonald. Last time I checked, that was an honest living. Great
accomplishment.

Not everybody is so narrow as to judge quality of life by the size of
the paycheck. However, if that floats your boat, have at it.

Romney would love you, let the little people eat cake.

Uh, that's Bar, not Harry you are responding to.

BAR, aka BertBrain, consistently belittles formal education, possibly
because he doesn't have much of it.

There are many people who go to college to continue their education, to
develop intellectually, to learn, as it were, for the sake of learning,
to learn critical thinking, and not necessarily to learn a trade,
although it isn't all mutually exclusive.

Non-intellectuals and anti-intellectuals, people like you and your
friend BertBrain, don't understand this.

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:18:33 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Yes, it is. For all of Harry's shortcomings, he does seem to value
education.

Bar posts that he only values the size of the paycheck.

Where did BAR "post that he only values the size of the paycheck."

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:32:34 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 20:33:37 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:37:05 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 10:58:39 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

[...]

You need to do some research before you start spouting off asshole. I
worked at McDonald's my junior year of high school. Opening on weekends
and working 3 evenings a week. Not a bad pay check for a high school kid
flipping burgers. During my senior year I was in a co-op program, school
half a day and working as a GS-1 at the USDA in Washington DC (14th &
Independence), 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. I was bored on the weekends
because my buddies were working at McDonald's on Saturday and Sunday
mornings. So, I started working on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Prior to this I had a paper route for 3 years and the year before that I
had a donut route, Krispy-Kreme donuts door to door.

Not everybody is so narrow as to judge quality of life by the size of
the paycheck. However, if that floats your boat, have at it.

Narrow? I figured out early in life what hard work would get you and I
managed to get mine.

Romney would love you, let the little people eat cake.

I started out as a little people and worked my way into being able to
eat cake.

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:56:12 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:18:33 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM,
wrote:
[...]

You don't understand the English language? Reread for comprehension.
Note that he hasn't denied it.

You have not denied enjoying beating your wife and children.

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:56:12 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:18:33 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Note that you can't show me where BAR "post that he only values the size
of the paycheck".

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:36:19 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:56:12 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:18:33 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Nor have I posted that it is "useless" NOT beating them.

You have set forth the position that anything but a technical degree
is "useless," and those non-technical types make less money and hold
less prestigious jobs. Are you ready to post that there is merit to a
liberal arts education that transcends the paycheck?

Why is changing my opinon so important to you?

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:29:25 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:08:40 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:36:19 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:56:12 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:18:33 -0400, JustWait
wrote:

On 4/27/2012 9:15 AM,
wrote:
[...]

Changing your opinion is imminently unimportant, to me. Finally
admitting it may help iboaterer get a clue.

Is it eminently imminent?
Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 28, 3:30*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:09:21 -0400, Wayne B

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:54:44 -0400, wrote:

You have set forth the position that anything but a technical degree
is "useless," and *those non-technical types make less money and hold
less prestigious jobs. Are you ready to post that there is merit to a
liberal arts education that transcends the paycheck?

===

Why not just let it go?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and priorities, and it is
difficult to measure subjective benefits in any event.

Howzabout a spirited boat discussion?

I'm good with that.... anybody left here own a boat, so that I'm not
just talking to myself?

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:54:44 -0400, wrote:

You have set forth the position that anything but a technical degree
is "useless," and *those non-technical types make less money and hold
less prestigious jobs. Are you ready to post that there is merit to a
liberal arts education that transcends the paycheck?

===

Why not just let it go?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and priorities, and it is
difficult to measure subjective benefits in any event.

Howzabout a spirited boat discussion?

I'm good with that.... anybody left here own a boat, so that I'm not
just talking to myself?

Do you have a boat? If so, what is it, and why dont' you post about
it.?

Future Liberal Arts Majors TopBassDog General 2 December 19th 11 04:51 PM
Big Majors - Sampson 4-1 to 4-3, 2009 Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 0 April 11th 09 03:05 PM
Big Majors and Staniel Cays - 3-26 to 4-1 2009 Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 0 April 11th 09 02:52 PM
Useless propeller Bob Crantz ASA 78 September 2nd 06 05:52 PM
UTTERLY USELESS Bobsprit ASA 0 January 14th 04 05:33 PM