Default Update on Cheby Volt

In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...

You just show you know nothing about the Volt.

I know a bit more about the Volt than you do.

No you don't. You said it was an electric car.
It's not.
You said you couldn't get 11 miles to work on a charge.
You can. And back.
Grow some balls and admit you're wrong.

It's a plug-in hybrid.

The Volt is not a hybrid. Even Chevy doesn't claim it is a hybrid.

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car/

I left your GM PR link in so anybody can go there.
GM also said the Vega was a fine vehicle, and I didn't believe that
either.
The Nissan Leaf is an electric car. The Volt is a hybrid.
Anything powered by electric AND gas is a hybrid by definition.
The difference with the Volt is the implementation and ability to plug
in and avoid gas if you limit it to short trips.
Prius has a plug-in hybrid now - about 15 miles range for electric only.
Nobody calls it an electric car.
You go ahead and believe GM marketing.

Chevy says you can go 35 miles on the battery, see above.

You can believe GM marketing and EPA CYA hype, or actual owners.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-40-Miles-Club

You'll probably just call them all liars.
Because you need to feel superior to others.
Can't let go of pre-conceived notions that make you feel "better" than
others.
Do you feel real strong when you express bull****?
I'm here to tell you that's not reality.

Some don't buy gas for weeks or months.

As long as they don't turn on the heat or AC and don't drive for more
than a couple of miles.

See above. You thoroughly discredit yourself, and again confirm you are
a know-nothing with a mouth.

But if they go past about 50% of battery capacity, the IC kicks in so
the battery isn't depleted past its design specs.

The IC kicks in? Oh, you mean the gas engine kicks in.

A little mental struggle when you see "IC," eh? What a car guy you are.
Didn't mean to confuse you there, little feller.

It's got a +300 mile range with battery/gas.

Above it says that it can go 35 miles on its internal electric charge.

So what? You said it won't go for more than a couple miles.
You just said that above. You forgot already?
Totally contrary to all known fact.
Should we believe GM's bull****, or your bull****?
Nah. Better to listen to actual owner reports.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-40-Miles-Club

But it's designed to target the short-commuter market you're in.

The $45K per unit short commuter market?

More bull**** from you.
Avg. Paid:$39,275
Then there's the tax credit.
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...hevrolet_Volt/
You'll note they call it hybrid.

That's the majority of drivers too. Good marketing.

Short commuter would be buying a really cheap car for say $10,000 new
and filling it up maybe once or twice a month. Do you know how far you
can drive on $35,000 dollars of gasoline? That is about 350,000 miles.
before you plug in an electric, like the Chevy Volt.

More bull**** from you. There are no $10,000 new cars.
Where do you live? Senegal? We're not talking donkey carts here.
Besides being full of ****, you've said you have a 22 mile commute.
Tell us about the $10,000 new car you use for that.

It'll look even better when gas hits $10 a gallon.

Ok, 140,000 miles if at $10 a gallon of gas. Still, 140,000 miles before
you ever plug in your precious Volt.

More bull****, derived from your horse**** "facts."
Hey, this newsgroup isn't the kick-down/kiss-up place where you work.
Kissing your boss's ass don't work here.
You got absolutely no sway here, and bull**** walks.
Face it.

They just have to get the price of the Volt reduced about $15k, and
they'll sell like hotcakes.

They are giving $7,500 rebate alreay from the government and they still
can't sell them.

You say it costs $45k - bull**** - so it's still $37.5 if you max the
tax credit. That's a lie, to suit your prejuidice.
No surprise at all.
The facts say it costs $39275, or $31k and change with max tax credit.
And I said it has to come down $15k to make it work.
That puts it at about $24k. No tax credit.
Which is all reasonable if we were having a real discussion.
But you don't want to talk facts or have a reasoned discussion.
You just spew out cowpie after cowpie after cowpie.

Besides that, they are selling all they are producing - so far.
You flunk the fact test, and fail the smell test for reason.
No common sense at all.
Just thrashing about with bogus "facts" so you can feel "superior."
Get a grip. Superior just ain't you.

Might do it, might not. Don't know. Don't really care.

I have just proved that you are stupid. If you drive 20 miles or less
per day to work and back you can drive a $10,000 dollar new car for 28
years before you ever reach the acquisition cost of a Chevy Volt.

You've proven only one thing, cocksucker.
This ain't your job site, where you can pretend to know something.
So the only thing you "proved" is you were the first to toss insults.
Limp-dick insults like "I have just proved that you are stupid."
Look, cocksucker, you have to do better if you want to play that game.
There is no half-way for insulting people.
Not here.

Now tell me that calling you the cocksucker you are doesn't bother you.
Then we'll move on to your true homosexual nature.
Don't be ashamed. I'm not anti-gay.
Doesn't mean I can't be anti-you.
I repeat, this ain't your work, or your home.
You get no respect here. None.

Just know your misinformation won't sway the result.

Please do your research before you try and correct others.

LOL. Give it up, cocksucker.
Stay in the girl scouts where you belong.
BTW, I don't give a **** about the Volt per se.
Just found out I don't like you one little bit though.
Can't help feeling that way about weak, cocksucking, bull****ters.

[...]

The typical afraid of new technology crowd!

LOL. Give it up, cocksucker.
Stay in the girl scouts where you belong.
BTW, I don't give a **** about the Volt per se.
Just found out I don't like you one little bit though.
Can't help feeling that way about weak, cocksucking, bull****ters.

Wow, you just can't participate in a rational, adult manner. No matter
what you call yourself today, the attitude is still the same... plonk

In article ,
says...

In article ,

says...

In article ,
says...

You just show you know nothing about the Volt.

I know a bit more about the Volt than you do.

No you don't. You said it was an electric car.
It's not.
You said you couldn't get 11 miles to work on a charge.
You can. And back.
Grow some balls and admit you're wrong.

Chevy says it is an electric.

It's a plug-in hybrid.

The Volt is not a hybrid. Even Chevy doesn't claim it is a hybrid.

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car/

I left your GM PR link in so anybody can go there.
GM also said the Vega was a fine vehicle, and I didn't believe that
either.

The Cosworth Vega was a fine vehicle. The regular Vega was a POS.

The Nissan Leaf is an electric car. The Volt is a hybrid.

When you go to Chevy's web site and look at their Hybrid's the Volt is
not listed as a Hybrid. Chevy lists a Silverado truck and Tahoe SUV as
Hybrids. The Volt is listed with the regular cars only.

Anything powered by electric AND gas is a hybrid by definition.

Not by Chevy's definition.

The difference with the Volt is the implementation and ability to plug
in and avoid gas if you limit it to short trips.

Chevy calls it an extended range vehicle.

Prius has a plug-in hybrid now - about 15 miles range for electric only.

Shows how viable an electric vehicle is at this time. Not good enough
for much of anything but driving to the beer store and back home huh?

Nobody calls it an electric car.

My friend calls it a piece of crap. He can't get his wife to stop buying
Prius'.

You go ahead and believe GM marketing.

Who manufactures the vehicle? Who knows more about the vehicle than
anyone else, GM. I think I will believe them before I believe you.

Chevy says you can go 35 miles on the battery, see above.

You can believe GM marketing and EPA CYA hype, or actual owners.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-40-Miles-Club

You'll probably just call them all liars.
Because you need to feel superior to others.
Can't let go of pre-conceived notions that make you feel "better" than
others.
Do you feel real strong when you express bull****?
I'm here to tell you that's not reality.

Wow, 40 miles! 40 miles! Did they have their radios turned off?

Some don't buy gas for weeks or months.

As long as they don't turn on the heat or AC and don't drive for more
than a couple of miles.

See above. You thoroughly discredit yourself, and again confirm you are
a know-nothing with a mouth.

No discrediting at all.

But if they go past about 50% of battery capacity, the IC kicks in so
the battery isn't depleted past its design specs.

The IC kicks in? Oh, you mean the gas engine kicks in.

A little mental struggle when you see "IC," eh? What a car guy you are.
Didn't mean to confuse you there, little feller.

In my area IC = Integrated Circuit.

It's got a +300 mile range with battery/gas.

Above it says that it can go 35 miles on its internal electric charge.

So what? You said it won't go for more than a couple miles.

40 miles is useless.

You just said that above. You forgot already?
Totally contrary to all known fact.
Should we believe GM's bull****, or your bull****?
Nah. Better to listen to actual owner reports.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-40-Miles-Club

I know a battery expert. In fact she is an Lion battery expert.

But it's designed to target the short-commuter market you're in.

The $45K per unit short commuter market?

More bull**** from you.
Avg. Paid:$39,275
Then there's the tax credit.
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...hevrolet_Volt/
You'll note they call it hybrid.

Big deal, 45K or 40K.

US News can call it whatever they want. Chevy doesn't call it a Hybrid.

That's the majority of drivers too. Good marketing.

Short commuter would be buying a really cheap car for say $10,000 new
and filling it up maybe once or twice a month. Do you know how far you
can drive on $35,000 dollars of gasoline? That is about 350,000 miles.
before you plug in an electric, like the Chevy Volt.

More bull**** from you. There are no $10,000 new cars.
Where do you live? Senegal? We're not talking donkey carts here.
Besides being full of ****, you've said you have a 22 mile commute.
Tell us about the $10,000 new car you use for that.

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa-sedan/?
next=header.vlp.postcard.picture.thumbnail.

I own a 2009 Versa Sedan with the 1.6L engine bought new in 2009.

11 miles to work and 11 miles back home.

It'll look even better when gas hits $10 a gallon.

Ok, 140,000 miles if at $10 a gallon of gas. Still, 140,000 miles before
you ever plug in your precious Volt.

More bull****, derived from your horse**** "facts."
Hey, this newsgroup isn't the kick-down/kiss-up place where you work.
Kissing your boss's ass don't work here.
You got absolutely no sway here, and bull**** walks.
Face it.

I don't need any sway here. The fact speak for themselves.

We will use your figures for a Volt and $10 per gallon of gas. I can
drive a Versa for 84,000 miles before I drive a Chevy Volt of the
showroom floor.

They just have to get the price of the Volt reduced about $15k, and
they'll sell like hotcakes.

They are giving $7,500 rebate alreay from the government and they still
can't sell them.

You say it costs $45k - bull**** - so it's still $37.5 if you max the
tax credit. That's a lie, to suit your prejuidice.
No surprise at all.
The facts say it costs $39275, or $31k and change with max tax credit.
And I said it has to come down $15k to make it work.
That puts it at about $24k. No tax credit.
Which is all reasonable if we were having a real discussion.
But you don't want to talk facts or have a reasoned discussion.
You just spew out cowpie after cowpie after cowpie.

Why is the Volt being subsidized? To induce people who would otherwise
not pay double for a Chevy Cruze.

Besides that, they are selling all they are producing - so far.
You flunk the fact test, and fail the smell test for reason.
No common sense at all.
Just thrashing about with bogus "facts" so you can feel "superior."
Get a grip. Superior just ain't you.

How many Volts did they produce in calendar year 2011 and how many Volts
did they sell in calendar year 2011? It was less than 10,000. How many
of those were government and fleet sales, which don't count for consumer
adoption.

Might do it, might not. Don't know. Don't really care.

I have just proved that you are stupid. If you drive 20 miles or less
per day to work and back you can drive a $10,000 dollar new car for 28
years before you ever reach the acquisition cost of a Chevy Volt.

You've proven only one thing, cocksucker.
This ain't your job site, where you can pretend to know something.
So the only thing you "proved" is you were the first to toss insults.
Limp-dick insults like "I have just proved that you are stupid."
Look, cocksucker, you have to do better if you want to play that game.
There is no half-way for insulting people.
Not here.

I have tossed no insults. I have provided you with information from its
source and you have angrily ranted about what I posted rather than
calmly and sanely refute it with facts.

Now tell me that calling you the cocksucker you are doesn't bother you.
Then we'll move on to your true homosexual nature.
Don't be ashamed. I'm not anti-gay.
Doesn't mean I can't be anti-you.
I repeat, this ain't your work, or your home.
You get no respect here. None.

Why are you so angry?

Just know your misinformation won't sway the result.

Please do your research before you try and correct others.

LOL. Give it up, cocksucker.
Stay in the girl scouts where you belong.
BTW, I don't give a **** about the Volt per se.
Just found out I don't like you one little bit though.
Can't help feeling that way about weak, cocksucking, bull****ters.

You just found out that Chevy's own information from their vehicle
contradicts what you were led to believe or led yourself to believe.

You got your panties in a wad and felt the need to lash out at someone.
Luckily it was me, because it doesn't bother me.

[...]

So you believe all of the marketing hype anybody throws at you? I've got
a bridge in NYC to sell you!

Chevy says you can go 35 miles on the battery, see above.

You can believe GM marketing and EPA CYA hype, or actual owners.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-40-Miles-Club

You'll probably just call them all liars.
Because you need to feel superior to others.
Can't let go of pre-conceived notions that make you feel "better" than
others.
Do you feel real strong when you express bull****?
I'm here to tell you that's not reality.

Wow, 40 miles! 40 miles! Did they have their radios turned off?

What's bad about that? Majority of people working in or near a city have
less of a daily commute than that.

Some don't buy gas for weeks or months.

As long as they don't turn on the heat or AC and don't drive for more
than a couple of miles.

See above. You thoroughly discredit yourself, and again confirm you are
a know-nothing with a mouth.

No discrediting at all.

But if they go past about 50% of battery capacity, the IC kicks in so
the battery isn't depleted past its design specs.

The IC kicks in? Oh, you mean the gas engine kicks in.

A little mental struggle when you see "IC," eh? What a car guy you are.
Didn't mean to confuse you there, little feller.

In my area IC = Integrated Circuit.

It's got a +300 mile range with battery/gas.

Above it says that it can go 35 miles on its internal electric charge.

So what? You said it won't go for more than a couple miles.

40 miles is useless.

Most people working in or near a city have a daily commute of less than
that. So how is that useless?

You just said that above. You forgot already?
Totally contrary to all known fact.
Should we believe GM's bull****, or your bull****?
Nah. Better to listen to actual owner reports.
http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-40-Miles-Club

I know a battery expert. In fact she is an Lion battery expert.

Cite?

But it's designed to target the short-commuter market you're in.

The $45K per unit short commuter market?

More bull**** from you.
Avg. Paid:$39,275
Then there's the tax credit.
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...hevrolet_Volt/
You'll note they call it hybrid.

Big deal, 45K or 40K.

US News can call it whatever they want. Chevy doesn't call it a Hybrid.

But it IS a hybrid. It runs on two fuel sources. So, by DEFINITION:

5.

a.
something that is powered by more than one source of power: a wind-solar
hybrid to generate electricity.

b.
a car or other vehicle that combines an internal-combustion engine with
one or more electric motors powered by a battery.

That's the majority of drivers too. Good marketing.

Short commuter would be buying a really cheap car for say $10,000 new
and filling it up maybe once or twice a month. Do you know how far you
can drive on $35,000 dollars of gasoline? That is about 350,000 miles.
before you plug in an electric, like the Chevy Volt.

More bull**** from you. There are no $10,000 new cars.
Where do you live? Senegal? We're not talking donkey carts here.
Besides being full of ****, you've said you have a 22 mile commute.
Tell us about the $10,000 new car you use for that.

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa-sedan/?
next=header.vlp.postcard.picture.thumbnail.

I own a 2009 Versa Sedan with the 1.6L engine bought new in 2009.

11 miles to work and 11 miles back home.

See? YOU said 40 miles was "useless". You could be doing your commute
for less than $1.50 in a Volt.

[...]

Because there is a faction of people of a certain political party that
are afraid of new technology.

Besides that, they are selling all they are producing - so far.
You flunk the fact test, and fail the smell test for reason.
No common sense at all.
Just thrashing about with bogus "facts" so you can feel "superior."
Get a grip. Superior just ain't you.

How many Volts did they produce in calendar year 2011 and how many Volts
did they sell in calendar year 2011? It was less than 10,000. How many
of those were government and fleet sales, which don't count for consumer
adoption.

So?

Might do it, might not. Don't know. Don't really care.

I have just proved that you are stupid. If you drive 20 miles or less
per day to work and back you can drive a $10,000 dollar new car for 28
years before you ever reach the acquisition cost of a Chevy Volt.

You've proven only one thing, cocksucker.
This ain't your job site, where you can pretend to know something.
So the only thing you "proved" is you were the first to toss insults.
Limp-dick insults like "I have just proved that you are stupid."
Look, cocksucker, you have to do better if you want to play that game.
There is no half-way for insulting people.
Not here.

I have tossed no insults. I have provided you with information from its
source and you have angrily ranted about what I posted rather than
calmly and sanely refute it with facts.

This is true as far as I know.

Now tell me that calling you the cocksucker you are doesn't bother you.
Then we'll move on to your true homosexual nature.
Don't be ashamed. I'm not anti-gay.
Doesn't mean I can't be anti-you.
I repeat, this ain't your work, or your home.
You get no respect here. None.

Why are you so angry?

I wondered that myself.

Just know your misinformation won't sway the result.

Please do your research before you try and correct others.

LOL. Give it up, cocksucker.
Stay in the girl scouts where you belong.
BTW, I don't give a **** about the Volt per se.
Just found out I don't like you one little bit though.
Can't help feeling that way about weak, cocksucking, bull****ters.

You just found out that Chevy's own information from their vehicle
contradicts what you were led to believe or led yourself to believe.

You got your panties in a wad and felt the need to lash out at someone.
Luckily it was me, because it doesn't bother me.

Glad you didn't take offense at him and fire back!

Update on Cheby Volt X ` Man General 4 February 28th 12 04:24 AM
Update on Cheby Volt Wayne.B General 2 February 27th 12 12:29 PM
Update on Cheby Volt Wayne.B General 0 February 27th 12 12:35 AM
Charging 24 volt trolling batteries with a 12 volt system. Tim General 14 August 20th 11 12:22 AM