Default "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

On 1/16/2012 2:23 PM, North Star wrote:
On Jan 16, 3:11 pm, Happy wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:43:30 -0800 (PST), North wrote:
On Jan 16, 10:40 am, Happy wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 00:44:34 -0500, Bob wrote:
On 1/15/2012 11:50 PM, Tim wrote:
On Jan 15, 10:41 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:55:30 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

http://cerritos.patch.com/articles/s...t-of-mexico-de...

The law was almost 5 years obsolete but the Mexican authority didn't
think so.

I really wouldn't want to be down there anyhow. At least the fishing
boat captain didn't make a big stink about it. Safer that way.

To some people your wrong even when you're right.

The navy guy probably has a cousin in the charter boat business.

And lord knows what else he's involved with....
Those that RV or just visit for any period of time in Mexico must jump
through unbelievable hoops and costs these days.
Mexico has elements of government that don't want Americans or Canadians
down there. Neither do the Narco War Lords.
They gloss over it but properties bought by Americans have been just
taken away from them with no compensation when some Mexican with a
little money saw that he wanted it.
this touches politics but hat doesn't these days.

I've not met any RV'ers who consider Mexico a place to go visit. Canada and Alaska are often at the
top of the list of places outside the lower 48.

Some Netherlander friends of mine spent a couple months down there and loved every minute of it. I
think being 'American' is a distinct disadvantage in some of those countries.- Hide quoted text -

Yup! Local newspapers used to report about numerous American
travellers sticking 'maple leaf' patches to their luggage& carrying
bags when overseas to avoid being a target.
I haven't heard anything about this practice for a few years.

That stopped because so many were doing it, even the real Canadians were thought to be Americans. In
Italy, it was not uncommon for a German to be wearing a hat with the maple leaf and trying to get
ahead in the ski lift lines. (This was reported to me by my Netherlands friend.)- Hide quoted text -

Man... those agressive Germans could give 'real Canadians' a bad
name. ;-)

See that kind of attitude by Germans, Britons, Japanese all the time.
Many many are just like us but the Grand Canyon, comes immediately to
mind. They will run over you, push you out of the way etc.
The local College gets a lot of affluent Kids from all over. The ones
from the Northeast, at local eateries will act like you are not there,
force ahead of you, insult you, and make derogatory conversation about
the Hicks all the while talking about buying the local real estate up as
it is a bargain.
The attitude must have something to do with living in a crowd.

wrote:

[...]

My kid did it while traveling, particularly in Turkey and Indonesia...
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 16, 10:29*am, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:55:30 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://cerritos.patch.com/articles/s...t-of-mexico-de...

The law was almost 5 years obsolete but the Mexican authority didn't
think so.

I really wouldn't want to be down there anyhow. *At least the fishing
boat captain didn't make a big stink about it. Safer that way.

To some people your wrong even when you're right.

===

It's possible that the charter captain did not realize how the legal
system works south of the border. * He should have met with the navy
commander in person and offered to buy the required permit for cash on
the barrelhead.

Then again, knowing the lawlessness that goes on, the sportfishers
money could be considered a bribe. and...well... you take it for there.

wrote:

http://cerritos.patch.com/articles/s...t-of-mexico-de...

The law was almost 5 years obsolete but the Mexican authority didn't
think so.

I really wouldn't want to be down there anyhow. *At least the fishing
boat captain didn't make a big stink about it. Safer that way.

To some people your wrong even when you're right.

===

It's possible that the charter captain did not realize how the legal
system works south of the border. * He should have met with the navy
commander in person and offered to buy the required permit for cash on
the barrelhead.

Then again, knowing the lawlessness that goes on, the sportfishers
money could be considered a bribe. and...well... you take it for there.

===

That's why it's important to make the offer in private. The choice
of words and the proper deference is also important. Everything is
for sale south of the border.

wrote:

http://cerritos.patch.com/articles/s...t-of-mexico-de...

The law was almost 5 years obsolete but the Mexican authority didn't
think so.

I really wouldn't want to be down there anyhow. *At least the fishing
boat captain didn't make a big stink about it. Safer that way.

To some people your wrong even when you're right.

===

It's possible that the charter captain did not realize how the legal
system works south of the border. * He should have met with the navy
commander in person and offered to buy the required permit for cash on
the barrelhead.

Then again, knowing the lawlessness that goes on, the sportfishers
money could be considered a bribe. and...well... you take it for there.

Bribery is the custom down there.

On 1/17/12 11:47 AM, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Absolutely true. You just say something along the lines of "can I buy
that permit from you"? If you are really a boy scout, record the
transaction on your cell phone, from the safety of the US, file a
complaint, then stay out of Mexico.

Everything is for sale north of the U.S.-Mexican border, too.

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:58:27 -0500, X ` Man
wrote:

Everything is for sale north of the U.S.-Mexican border, too.

===

Some places, some of the time, but it's not imbedded in the culture
here like it is there.

"Tim" wrote in message

http://cerritos.patch.com/articles/s...apers-23d40ea0

The law was almost 5 years obsolete but the Mexican authority didn't
think so.

I really wouldn't want to be down there anyhow. At least the fishing
boat captain didn't make a big stink about it. Safer that way.

To some people your wrong even when you're right.

Lots of 3/4 day boats run to the Coronado's. I have been on a few out of
Seaforth in Mission Bay. Is about 20 miles, and you fish MX waters, but do
not land in MX. I usually ride the San Diego out of Seaforth. The Mexicans
are killing a Golden Goose. Every trip requires a $13 MX fishing permit per
person, yearly permits are not valid on charter boats. People will not
drive to MX to board a boat out of Ensenada, so the Mexicans will lose a
large source of income.