Default digital camera advice needed

Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

"A boater" wrote in message
Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

As someone who has owned a digital camera now for nearly 20 years, I, me,
personally, not speaking for anyone else, think it would be a good thing,
but based on its reliability and speed. If it blinks out, the camera has to
go to the shop, and those fellows can be a PITA to get anything fixed
sometimes. I think the idea needs to be around for a couple of years to see
if it has any kinks, as do a lot of new products. One less cable is good.
I use my cameras professionally, and have cables all over the place. Just
never where I can find one when I need it.

Steve

On 12/22/11 10:22 AM, A boater wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

Yes.

--
http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/oR82kN

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:22:03 -0500, A boater wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

Haven't heard of it, although the new ones have a built in GPS.

On 12/22/11 11:28 AM, Happy JH wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:22:03 -0500, A wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

Haven't heard of it, although the new ones have a built in GPS.

Everyone knows wi-fi and GPS are just different names for the same
thing, right, herring?

My Canon DSLR has wi-fi thanks to the "Eye-Fi" memory card I bought for
it. The card and the Eye-Fi software do several nice things,among them,
automatically uploading images from the camera to hard drive directories.

http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8m5VTk

On 12/22/2011 11:44 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 12/22/11 11:28 AM, Happy JH wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:22:03 -0500, A wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in
Wi-Fi?

Haven't heard of it, although the new ones have a built in GPS.

Everyone knows wi-fi and GPS are just different names for the same
thing, right, herring?

My Canon DSLR has wi-fi thanks to the "Eye-Fi" memory card I bought for
it. The card and the Eye-Fi software do several nice things,among them,
automatically uploading images from the camera to hard drive directories.

http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8m5VTk

Huh? Wi-fi and GPS are just different names for the same thing? Cite?

On Dec 22, 1:53*pm, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 12/22/11 11:28 AM, Happy JH wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:22:03 -0500, A *wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

Haven't heard of it, although the new ones have a built in GPS.

Everyone knows wi-fi and GPS are just different names for the same
thing, right, herring?

My Canon DSLR has wi-fi thanks to the "Eye-Fi" memory card I bought for
it. The card and the Eye-Fi software do several nice things,among them,
automatically uploading images from the camera to hard drive directories.

http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8m5VTk

Is that the camera you took the owl pictures with? Oh, wait, *you was
caught* in THAT lie, too!- Hide quoted text -

Say what? " you was caught"??
Try 'you WERE caught'...........

On 12/22/11 2:27 PM, North Star wrote:
On Dec 22, 1:53 pm, wrote:
In ,
says...

On 12/22/11 11:28 AM, Happy JH wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:22:03 -0500, A wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with digital cameras with built in Wi-Fi?

Haven't heard of it, although the new ones have a built in GPS.

Everyone knows wi-fi and GPS are just different names for the same
thing, right, herring?

My Canon DSLR has wi-fi thanks to the "Eye-Fi" memory card I bought for
it. The card and the Eye-Fi software do several nice things,among them,
automatically uploading images from the camera to hard drive directories.

http://flickr.com/gp/hakr/8m5VTk

Is that the camera you took the owl pictures with? Oh, wait, *you was
caught* in THAT lie, too!- Hide quoted text -

Say what? " you was caught"??
Try 'you WERE caught'...........

Once again, *why* are you responding to a pimply 14-year-old boy like
iLoogy?

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:27:34 -0800 (PST), North Star wrote:

[...]

You're correct Don. He was caught. I'm surprised you're finally saying as much.

OT Digital camera Scotty ASA 44 December 18th 06 08:35 PM
camera advice needed Scout ASA 4 September 25th 06 03:30 PM
Proper digital camera advice John Cairns ASA 1 August 14th 06 11:07 AM
OT Digital camera Thom Stewart ASA 10 November 9th 05 01:13 AM