jps

Default OT - The Govornator?

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
news:6zmhb.724195$uu5.120547@sccrnsc04...
Actually - I thought that one was funny. I'm not saying Harry doesn;t

resort
to silly insults, but that wasn't one. Monica was kind of a porker and

that
Flowers chick had a nose that could sneeze all over the free world.

That was Paula Jones, Jennifer Flowers was very good looking.

Arnold
prolly had a better litter to pick from in Cal. back in the day. I found
the comment humorously accurate.

Arnold's a pig. No, not that Arnold, the terminator Arnold. Republicans
just like pigs who are Republican pigs.

Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

I thnk she spelled it Genifer, or Gennifer. Whatever. She wasn't bad
looking, but some of Bill's Babes were, indeed, pigs.

Bill seems to like 'em a bit on the thick side. The bigger the cushion, the
better the pushin', as the bible says.

Calif Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

(snip the drivel)
Bill

So, do you deem Arnold groping women as just a little thing that
doesn't need to be discussed? If so, once again, we are shown just how
hypocritical the Republicans are! It's okay to grope women if you're a
republican, but, if you are a democrat, you need to spend millions of
dollars of taxpayer's money to give to Ken Starr to get to the bottom
of it.

Let us look at the difference between the Ken Starr investigation BJ and The
Govenator.
1. The Govenator was 20 years old, un married, and a guy who probably got
groped a lot also being he was Mr. Olympiad.
2. The BJ was brought up in a court of law in regards to the governor of a
state telling an employee to blow him and then lied in court about his
groping, etc.
3. Arnold apologized to any women who were offended 20 years ago. The
President of the USA was disbarred for committing perjury.

Calif Bill

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
What hp?

-W

"JimL" wrote in message
But it would be off topic! :^) I was asking about a mid-80's
Merc that my brother was going to check out. Wasn't sure if mid
80's was up your alley or too new for you. :^) We tried it out
but decided against it as it didn't run too smooth and believed
it had been rode hard and put up wet too many times.

-JimL

Clams Canino wrote:
No.... ask here in this thread.......... LOL

-W

I object. This is bringing On Topic in Off Topic threads. How are going to
keep track of real boat stuff?
Bill

Calif Bill

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 18:03:19 GMT, "Jim -"
wrote:

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:05:30 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

OK.......... I'll give in. Something new to banter about??? LOL

Regardless how you feel about the idea of a "recall" election, the

fact is
California has a new Govorner elect.

So.... do you think Arnold can do the job?

My take is that he's a moderate Republican that your average Demacrat

can
live with. But can he fix the huge bugetary problems California has?

How do
you think he'll do in general at the job of Govorner? Will his obvious

ties
to the Democratic heierarchy help him get bi-partisan support?

Hints:

1. Don't let the discussion turn into endless silly comparisons

between the
"Gropeinator" and Clintons blow jobs. Let's assume Arnie won't be

slapping
any asses - at least while he's in office.

2. Don't get into the rathole of blaming all Californias money

troubles on
the "Bush Economy". Regardless of the national situation, California

is in
an economic toilet much deeper than the national average.

-W

As I see it, the true "fixes" for CA are not politically correct for
either side of the aisle. IMHO, AS, without a firm political base,
extensive experience, or a pocket full of personal notes to call in,
won't be able to get anything substantive done.

We'll see.

If he is successful, maybe he should succeed RR to the WH.

Not possible. He is was not born in the US.

Not now, perhaps, but there are people on both sides of the aisle
trying to change the status of this matter.

Vic Snyder (D-AK) has put forth a proposal that would allow any
foreign-born person to run for president after 35 years as a U.S.
citizen.

Orrin Hatch (R-UT) introduced a similar amendment, as late as July,
that would cut the time to 20 years. I'm sure that it is only there
rarest of coincidences that Schwarzenegger recently celebrated his
20th year as a U.S. citizen.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/

Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/directions.asp Where

Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillage.com/autoupdater.htm Real Time Pictures

at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats Rec.boats

at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

There was the controversy as to if you had to be born in the USA or born a
citizen in the about 1972 election. Forget the name (senior moment) of the
former head of American motors that was born to Mormon missionary parents
outside the US borders.

Clams Canino

Congress *could* ammend the constitution to re-write Article II, Section 1
OR...
They could pass an "Arnold Law" declaring that Place of birth not
withstanding, Arnold for the purposes of Article II, Section one is declared
by law to be a natural born citizen.

Dunno if either would fly though.

-W

"WaIIy" wrote in message

Article II, Section 1: "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a
Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this
Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."

How can you negate such a direct statement from an Article?

Has it ever been done?

Clams Canino

The Merc prolly had a dirty carb or a blown SCR in a switchbox. Those 90's
were no powerhouse, but they were rock reliable.

-W

"JimL" wrote in message
It was a 90hp. Looked good and started right up, but misfired
until around 20 mph (according to the GPS). But to be honest,
I couldn't be sure it wasn't still misfiring. Being a 6 cyl,
the extra cylinders may have made up for it in smoothness at the
higher rpm's. :^) Playing with the trim on the motor, the most it
could get was 37mph. Even though it was an old tri-hull in
questionable condition (the guy bought the boat and installed the
motor just to sell the motor), I had reservations about it and so
did my brother. His son ended up finding him a Johnson 100hp for
a grand a day or so after that and it supposedly runs great and has
excellent compression in all cylinders. Initially I was pushing
him hard towards that Merc until I found out a little more history
and then the test ride. The guy that owns it, not the guy selling
it for him, had it on some kind of little race noat so I believe it
had spent most of its life at WOT. Not only that, but the guy that
owns it supposedly works on his motors which led me to believe he
should have as least had it running smooth before trying to sell it,
especially since he went through the trouble of installing/rigging
the boat with it.

Ohhh Noooo, an OT post that went On Topic!!! :^)

-JimL

Clams Canino wrote:
What hp?

-W

Clams Canino wrote:

No.... ask here in this thread.......... LOL

-W

Clams Canino

A Cuban friend of mine gave me a real good argument for not allowing
immigrants to ever be POTUS.

As much as he hates Castro etc etc...... He could never bring himself to
nuke Cuba - even if it was the right call. You gotta be able to push the
button if you sit in the big chair.

-W

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 04:48:02 GMT, WaIIy
wrote:

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:05:52 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

Congress *could* ammend the constitution to re-write Article II, Section

1

I don't think so.

Wally, I'm lost, now... is it your position that you don't think that
they *will* amend the constitution to do this..... or do you think
that an amendment *couldn't* change this Article?