Doug Kanter

Default OT - The Govornator?

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
news:j55hb.708980$YN5.586310@sccrnsc01...
As I understand the tale, Arnold made his 1st million when he got here as

an
unemployed muscle-kid and put an ad in the papers with a buddy

advirtising:
"Genuine European Bricklayers and Stonecrafters" it didn't matter that

he'd
never done it - he learned the trade fast and capitalized on the fact that
European stone stuff was in vogue.

Odd fact: There's an architecture firm on my floor in this office building.
The head honcho designed a very stylish magazine rack for the men's room
(stainless steel) and permanently bolted it to the tiles. Anyway, over the
past few years, I've read articles indicating that there are certain types
of masonry skills that virtually NOBODY knows how to do here. In particular,
fancy interior plastering for large areas like hotel/office lobbies. They
have to shlep people over from Italy.