Doug Kanter

Default OT - The Govornator?

"Clams Canino" wrote in message
news:j55hb.708980$YN5.586310@sccrnsc01...
As I understand the tale, Arnold made his 1st million when he got here as

an
unemployed muscle-kid and put an ad in the papers with a buddy

advirtising:
"Genuine European Bricklayers and Stonecrafters" it didn't matter that

he'd
never done it - he learned the trade fast and capitalized on the fact that
European stone stuff was in vogue.

Odd fact: There's an architecture firm on my floor in this office building.
The head honcho designed a very stylish magazine rack for the men's room
(stainless steel) and permanently bolted it to the tiles. Anyway, over the
past few years, I've read articles indicating that there are certain types
of masonry skills that virtually NOBODY knows how to do here. In particular,
fancy interior plastering for large areas like hotel/office lobbies. They
have to shlep people over from Italy.

basskisser

"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:8O4hb.3763

(snip the drivel)
Bill

So, do you deem Arnold groping women as just a little thing that
doesn't need to be discussed? If so, once again, we are shown just how
hypocritical the Republicans are! It's okay to grope women if you're a
republican, but, if you are a democrat, you need to spend millions of
dollars of taxpayer's money to give to Ken Starr to get to the bottom
of it.
Jim -

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:05:30 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

OK.......... I'll give in. Something new to banter about??? LOL

Regardless how you feel about the idea of a "recall" election, the fact is
California has a new Govorner elect.

So.... do you think Arnold can do the job?

My take is that he's a moderate Republican that your average Demacrat can
live with. But can he fix the huge bugetary problems California has? How do
you think he'll do in general at the job of Govorner? Will his obvious ties
to the Democratic heierarchy help him get bi-partisan support?

Hints:

1. Don't let the discussion turn into endless silly comparisons between the
"Gropeinator" and Clintons blow jobs. Let's assume Arnie won't be slapping
any asses - at least while he's in office.

2. Don't get into the rathole of blaming all Californias money troubles on
the "Bush Economy". Regardless of the national situation, California is in
an economic toilet much deeper than the national average.

-W

As I see it, the true "fixes" for CA are not politically correct for
either side of the aisle. IMHO, AS, without a firm political base,
extensive experience, or a pocket full of personal notes to call in,
won't be able to get anything substantive done.

We'll see.

If he is successful, maybe he should succeed RR to the WH.

Not possible. He is was not born in the US.

JimL

What's the matter? Topic not going down the tubes fast
enough for you?

No one has said that the 'groping' was okay. Regardless of
party affiliation, Arnold admitted it and apologized for it.

-JimL

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:8O4hb.3763

(snip the drivel)

Bill

So, do you deem Arnold groping women as just a little thing that
doesn't need to be discussed? If so, once again, we are shown just how
hypocritical the Republicans are! It's okay to grope women if you're a
republican, but, if you are a democrat, you need to spend millions of
dollars of taxpayer's money to give to Ken Starr to get to the bottom
of it.

Clams Canino

Not just that.... but I wonder how many crass women have groped his body
without permission?

I just see it as a side issue until real charges are made and verified etc
etc...

-W

basskisser wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

(snip the drivel)

Bill

So, do you deem Arnold groping women as just a little thing that
doesn't need to be discussed? If so, once again, we are shown just how
hypocritical the Republicans are! It's okay to grope women if you're a
republican, but, if you are a democrat, you need to spend millions of
dollars of taxpayer's money to give to Ken Starr to get to the bottom
of it.

Gfretwell

No one has said that the 'groping' was okay. Regardless of
party affiliation, Arnold admitted it and apologized for it.

I also think there is a little difference between a 20 year old single weight
lifter groping groupies at a gym and the 50 year old, married, leader of the
free world skull ****ing an employee in his office.

Jim -

As the starter of this topic - I warned of the Gropinator vs BJ crap.

-W I CALL FOUL!

Like it or not Clams, it is a legitimate point he brought up.

NOYB

"Gfretwell" wrote in message

skull ****ing an employee in his office.

Does that qualify as sexual relations?