Gould 0738

Default Hydrolock mystery continues:

So far, fairly certain it isn't the manifold.

Now looking very hard at the aftercooler. I replaced the aftercooler 6 or 7
years ago. Would not have suspected this relatively new part. I can't figure
out how enough water could get into the cylinder through the aftercooler,
(which is mounted below the intake manifold) to hydrolock the engine.
One would think that the failure of a tube or two in the aftercooler would
introduce
*some* water, or vapor, into the cylinder but not a huge puddle or enough to
create a hydrolock.

Will keep developments posted- somebody else may learn from my misfortune.

Gould 0738

Yes, please do. Cavitation erosion, cracked block, or cracked head
has been ruled out?

According to the guys on site, the most likely suspect at this point is the
aftercooler. As I said, I'm a bit stumped about how all that water would have
traveled *up* several inches and in sufficient quantity.........but that's why
I'm not a mechanic and those who have the knowledge are.
Rick

What make and model engine is it?

Rick

Gould 0738