Default Sad News

A classmate and colleague of my wife, Lt. Col. David E. Cabrera, was
killed recently in Afghanistan

Dr. Cabrera, a licensed clinical social worker and assistant professor
of family medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health
Sciences, was stationed in Afghanistan's capitol city, Kabul, when his
NATO convoy was attacked. It was an IED. Dr. Cabrera is survived by a
wife and four children.

My wife says Dr. Cabrera was a terrific guy, a caring human being, and
"an absolute whiz" in the doctoral-level statistics courses.

The governor of Maryland ordered flags flown at half staff in honor of
Dr. Cabrera.

http://tinyurl.com/87qzj8a

On 10/11/2011 7:21 PM, X ` Man wrote:

A classmate and colleague of my wife, Lt. Col. David E. Cabrera, was
killed recently in Afghanistan

RIP. Condolences to the family.

But if 0bama kept his promises he would still be alive.

--
The reason government can't fix the economic problems is government is
the problem.

On 11/10/2011 11:14 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 10/11/2011 7:21 PM, X ` Man wrote:

A classmate and colleague of my wife, Lt. Col. David E. Cabrera, was
killed recently in Afghanistan

RIP. Condolences to the family.

But if 0bama kept his promises he would still be alive.

I am just surprised Harry hasn't told us how worthless the guy was for
joining up. I mean, we all know the disdain he has for enlisted men and
women... Just ask John...

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 04:55:41 -0500, JustWait wrote:

On 11/10/2011 11:14 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 10/11/2011 7:21 PM, X ` Man wrote:

A classmate and colleague of my wife, Lt. Col. David E. Cabrera, was
killed recently in Afghanistan

RIP. Condolences to the family.

But if 0bama kept his promises he would still be alive.

I am just surprised Harry hasn't told us how worthless the guy was for
joining up. I mean, we all know the disdain he has for enlisted men and
women... Just ask John...

Nope. According to his comments, I was 'stupid', because I let myself get drafted.

On 11/11/11 7:18 AM, John H wrote:
On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 04:55:41 -0500, wrote:

On 11/10/2011 11:14 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 10/11/2011 7:21 PM, X ` Man wrote:

A classmate and colleague of my wife, Lt. Col. David E. Cabrera, was
killed recently in Afghanistan

RIP. Condolences to the family.

But if 0bama kept his promises he would still be alive.

I am just surprised Harry hasn't told us how worthless the guy was for
joining up. I mean, we all know the disdain he has for enlisted men and
women... Just ask John...

Nope. According to his comments, I was 'stupid', because I let myself get drafted.

My disdain is for the military establishment generally, the
"corporation," so to speak, and not those who wear the uniform, with
certain exceptions to the latter, you being one of them.

Since the end of World War II, I believe the military establishment's
primary goal has been to perpetuate itself, to keep as many men and
women in uniform as possible.

Dr. Cabrera chose a soldier's life and took a soldier's chances.
According to my wife, he was a terrific psychotherapist, something the
military is in great need of these days.

wrote:

[...]

You are a ****ing hypocrite. I hope the widow gets a load of some of
what you generally say about enlisted men and their families...

wrote:

[...]

Oh? And what might *that* be, Mr. Rec.Boats.Retard? I don't "generally"
say much of anything about "enlisted men and their families." You
really, truly should seek out a therapist. You are completely ****ed
between the ears.

wrote:

On 11/10/2011 11:14 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 10/11/2011 7:21 PM, X ` Man wrote:

A classmate and colleague of my wife, Lt. Col. David E.

Cabrera, was
killed recently in Afghanistan

RIP. Condolences to the family.

But if 0bama kept his promises he would still be alive.

I am just surprised Harry hasn't told us how worthless the guy was

for
joining up. I mean, we all know the disdain he has for enlisted

men and
women... Just ask John...

Nope. According to his comments, I was 'stupid', because I let

myself get drafted.

As opposed to Harry being smart for not allowing himself to be
drafted? I'm sure thaat makes perfect sense to Harry.;-)

Sad news Eisboch General 6 August 1st 09 03:50 PM
Sad news indeed... John H[_2_] General 2 December 29th 08 03:22 PM
Sad News Bobsprit ASA 3 October 28th 03 02:51 PM
Sad News Bobsprit ASA 0 September 26th 03 05:20 PM