Default access...

On Oct 31, 4:27*pm, "JustWaitAFrekinMinute!"
wrote:
On Oct 31, 1:12*pm, Drifter wrote:

On 10/31/2011 12:18 PM, iBoaterer wrote:

In raweb.com,
says...

On 10/31/2011 11:32 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/31/11 11:30 AM, North Star wrote:
On Oct 31, 11:58 am, X ` Mandump-on-conservati...@anywhere-you-
can.com *wrote:
On 10/31/11 10:52 AM, JustWait wrote:

Well, I suppose the trolls are having fun lately but I wouldn't know...
We have a hole in the roof with a limb sticking through. There is at
least 50 trees down and demolished within 150 yards of my house alone,
the whole state is similar. We drove 40 miles yesterday in search of
gasoline, no info available as the cell and cable are all down, very
sketchy internet. Main state highways haven't even begun to be
addressed
yet, it's like a maze just to go down route five with the lines down
and
trees still in the road. Unfortunately, the generator I have won't do
220 to run the water so we can't run the furnace either like I used to
be able to do in the other place. I have never rewired a deep well pump
and don't even know if ours can be done... getting pretty cold here,
the
governor thinks this will be at least a week or more. Shipping the
animals off today to a friend upstate who has power, trying to find a
cup of coffee is crazy. No banks, cash only everywhere.

Later guys...

Sorry to hear of your troubles, and hope they get resolved soon. Maybe
you can rent a portable genny and run lights, microwave, and a space
heater or two.- Hide quoted text -

Hopefuly now our fireplace will burn efficiently in such emergencies.
Just dropped way more cash than I had planned on for a complete
chimney teardown and rebuild including firebox and throat.
Improvements are... a deeper firebox. an improved throat that should
help the smoke rise easier and a 1.5 foot increase in total chimney
height.
It has to be 30 feet now. The wife is all excited about using it....
me... I just think of the boat that cash could have been put against.

Now, you have to buy firewood, too. Or chop it.

Not to mention the need to hire a chimney sweep, a fireplace insert or
wood stove if you expect to capture some of the heat before it goes up
the chimney, a maid to do the extra dusting and window washing, covered
wood storage, extra pest control measures. Maybe Don would be better
served by a gas fireplace or converting to gas or oil heating which
could be run from a small generator. Even a coal fired steam boiler
could do the trick.

A maid to clean? Have you not seen the pictures of his house???

Yes I have. Shame on him.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

we have a generator, but unlike our last house, this water pump is set
up for 220 not 110 so the gen wont' run it, whcih means we can't run
the furnace. We are cooking and running ceramic heaters but no shower
etc....

Thanks to my kiddie motorcycle racing we have plenty of camping gear
so we are eating pretty well anyway I might set up the tent right in
the big room... I used to do that years ago when I lived in the woods,
I would set the tent right up in the camper and let the dogs go to bed
a half hour early and warm it up in there... Our biggest concern is
the bird but we are moving it to a house with heat for a few days or
so... right up the street the newer developments have underground
services, they didn't lose power.. A frekin' half mile away..
grrrrrrrrr... Like I said, I didn't notice the pump here being 220, we
used to be able to run water and furnace with our 3000 watt genny back
in Essex...

can.com wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear of your dilemma but I wonder why you need water pressure
to run your heating system?

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

can.com wrote:
[...]

He probably needs the 220, which he can't get from his gen set.

can.com wrote:
[...]

Could be but he did say water pump.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error

can.com wrote:
[...]

hot water fired boiler, must be a bad valve, the pressure went down in
the baseboards...

can.com wrote:
[...]

Yeah, my waterpump in this house calls for 220, and my genset only does
110. 300 feet down so I am not pulling and rewiring it either. The old
house well was shallow and ran on the 110 just fine..

On 10/31/2011 11:23 AM, Drifter wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:52 AM, JustWait wrote:
[...]

What happened?

What happened was a wet snow storm before any leaves came down, the
weight was more that the trees could take. Every tree and I do mean
every tree lost most branches and the tops, some split down the middle,
some others look like a giant took his hand and ran it down the sides
and all the branches are broken at the trunk and just hanging there...
Every tree on our block, scores of oaks and such will have to come
down.. Hundreds on our block alone. This area of the state will actually
have a totally different landscape in 2-3 years, I would imagine by the
time 10 years or so go by it will be all ornimantals instead of oaks and
maples, tall white pines, etc... It looks like a war zone here, not one
tree survived, not one...

can.com wrote:
[...]

OK There might be something you can do to get your heater going. You
will need to get AN AC or DC water pump capable of producing water
pressure of at least 40 lbs. You can use plain water to refill but You
might want to make your heating system freeze proof by using a non toxic
antifreeze mixture. Obviously you need to replace the check valve first
and make sure the feed shut off valve works. After you finish filling
and purging you might want to turn the feed shutoff valve off and
monitor pressure for a while to make sure you have no leaks. You want to
record the cold pressure and make sure it doesn't go below the minimum
required for your system.

--
1-20-13 The end of an error
stp stp is offline

On Oct 31, 10:52*am, JustWait wrote:
[...]

Hope you can make the best of the situation. There were a bunch of
people from Connecticut filling up at the local gas station yesterday.

Tree damaged doesn't appear that bad here but we had a severe ice
storm a few years back that took down most of the weak trees. Still,
power is out a my place and not expected to be restored until late
Thursday night.

Fortunately I had just finished installing a pellet stove that can run
off of 12 volts. I have it hooked up to the three batteries from the
boat so I've got heat covered. I'm only running my generator often
enough to keep the fridge cold and heat water for showers.

On a sad note there was a fatal car crash blamed on the weather just
around the corner.

WiFi Access Rusty Electronics 11 July 29th 06 06:03 AM
Engine access [email protected] ASA 11 January 13th 06 12:48 AM
Internet access Bruce Riley Cruising 9 January 11th 05 01:16 AM
What's new on the SCA access site? Janet Moxley UK Paddle 0 March 23rd 04 02:18 PM
Dee Access negotiations Shared Rivers UK Paddle 0 February 27th 04 11:17 AM