RGrew176

Default O.T. But to good not to share

My aunt died this past January. CitiBank billed her for February
and March for their monthly service charge on her credit card, and
then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge...the
balance had been $0.00... now was somewhere around $60.00) I
placed the following phone call to CitiBank:

Me: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January."

CitiBank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and
charges still apply."

Me: "Maybe, you should turn it over to collections..."

CitiBank: "Since it is 2 months past due, it already has been."

Me: "So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?"

CitiBank: "Either report her account to the frauds division, or
report her to the credit bureau...maybe both!"

Me: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"

CitiBank:"...excuse me .....?"

Me: "Did you just get what I was telling you.... The part about her
being dead?"

CitiBank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor!"

(Supervisor gets on the phone)

Me: "I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."

CitiBank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and
charges still apply."

Me: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?"

CitiBank: ".....(stammer)"

CitiBank: "Are you her lawyer?"

Me: "No, I'm her great nephew." (Lawyer info given... )

CitiBank: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"

Me: "Sure." ( Fax number is given )

(After they get the fax. )

CitiBank: "Our system just isn't setup for death..."

Me: "Oh..."

CitiBank: "I don't know what more I can do to help..."

Me: "Well... if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just
keep billing her...I suppose...don't really think she will
care...."

CitiBank: "Well...the late fees and charges do still apply."

Me: "Would you like her new billing address?"

CitiBank: "That might help."

Me: (Odessa Memorial Cemetery #### Hwy. 129 and plot number given.)

CitiBank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"

Me: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?!!"

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a
replacement.

jps

"RGrew176" wrote in message
My aunt died this past January. CitiBank billed her for February
and March for their monthly service charge on her credit card, and
then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge...the
balance had been $0.00... now was somewhere around $60.00) I
placed the following phone call to CitiBank:

....snip

This is hillarious. It's almost like they're given permission to stop being
human beings when they put the headset on and become "customer service
representatives." "I'm sorry sir, I'm not programmed to think, I've been
instructed to look at the automated customer problem resolution screen on
my computer and I cannot find your problem in my program. I'm going to have
to go into a interminable loop until we both become so frustrated I have to
refer you to my supervisor." It's anybody's guess if the supervisor knows
any more, in this case it was a joke.

Really quite unbelievable, unless of course you've spent any time on the
phone with one of these boneheads.

jps

Keith

I went through something similar. Apparently when my mom died, someone
(friends or family???) stole her Joske's credit card while at the wake.
About two months after she died, we got a bill showing she had purchased
some items a month or so after she passed away. You can imagine my
conversation with them, similar to above. I told them... go ahead and ruin
her credit. She doesn't need it any more.

"RGrew176" wrote in message
[...]

Paul Schilter

jps,
Isn't that the truth. Both good posts, RGrew & jps.
Paul

"jps" wrote in message
"RGrew176" wrote in message
[...]

Dry compression test Ok -wet not so good. Rebuild??? CaptMP General 20 September 23rd 03 12:41 PM
How to find a good used fiberglass boat? Trace General 6 September 20th 03 12:57 PM
Good Marine Radio? General 4 August 3rd 03 05:55 PM
Good weekend, except for one little cover problem. Calif Bill General 0 July 30th 03 05:18 AM
looking for source of good used boat parts in New Jersey Jeffrey Boldridge General 0 July 26th 03 02:22 AM