Default Good Marine Radio?

Hi,

Any sugguestion on a good reliable marine handheld VHF radio for use most of
the inland lakes? Brand, model, price?

Thanks
Thinh

Rural Knight

wrote in message
Hi,

Any sugguestion on a good reliable marine handheld VHF radio for use most

of
the inland lakes? Brand, model, price?

West Marine has a nice one under their brand name - waterproof
and has a ton of features.

Standard makes a nice one as does Uniden.

Don White

Check out the Standard Horizon HS460S
Light, sturdy. waterproof but a bit expensive.
I paid $ 380.00 CDN and have seen them advertized stateside for $ 250.00 US

wrote in message
Hi,

Any sugguestion on a good reliable marine handheld VHF radio for use most

of
the inland lakes? Brand, model, price?

Thanks
Thinh

I have just ordered my second Uniden. Inexpensive but well made and
thought out. Only this time it's a fixed mount 25 watt unit. You might
want to think about that. I boat on inland lakes also, and find the
range limit for a hand held will not cut it.
HJJ