Default Rick Perry, the great hope of the GOP, realizes...

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:10:21 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

On 10/28/2011 9:07 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:06:05 -0400, Lil wrote:e.

Did you not read of the House Investigations. I don't remember but think
it was 2008.

===========

You can buy gasoline refined overseas by the tanker load. If you
don't buy it, someone else will. If you think gasoline is expensive
here, try driving around in Europe for a while.

My concerns are here in the USA. Wall Street/Washington Globalist want
us to share all the problems of everywhere else for their wealth.
They haven't made the Bushmen, of the Sub Sahara rich but they have made
us poor.
Share the wealth with the rest of the world/share the poverty of the
rest of the world.
World Peace through world trade.
it is all bs. the truth is raid Americans and their Republic for
Globalist Elites pockets.

=========

Be careful what you ask for. A lot of things that we now buy for
half way reasonable prices would double or triple in price if made in
the US (at current wage rates). Some things might become totally
unavailable because the manufacturing expertise for certain products
does not exist here. A lot of the best engineering talent in the US
has been siphoned of by the military/aerospace industries.

The military/aerospace industries, through the ages, have provided us
with quit a few useful things.

The first that comes to mind is the Roman road system.

On 10/30/11 8:40 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:10:21 -0400, Lil wrote:

[...]

Our large-scale military adventurism the last six decades as provided us
with nothing but budget deficits.

On 10/30/2011 8:51 AM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/30/11 8:40 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

You could say the same for foreign aid or your pet social projects.

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:51:52 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 10/30/11 8:40 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

I suppose we could say the arms race got us the micro chip, the
internet, the GPS system., better RADAR systems, better jet planes and
most of the space program with all of the stuff that came out of that.
(communication satellites, the Hubble telescope and Tang).
Just the things that came out of DARPA is impressive.

It is also the biggest jobs program in history. It is a shame the
public would not have been willing to pay that much for something less
destructive but fear is a powerful force.

As Zig Zigler says,. there are only two things that make people spend
their money, fear and love and they always spend more in response to
fear.

Amazing, one of the Constitutional duties of the federal government is
looked upon as a jobs program.

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:40:54 -0400, BAR wrote:

Be careful what you ask for. A lot of things that we now buy for
half way reasonable prices would double or triple in price if made in
the US (at current wage rates). Some things might become totally
unavailable because the manufacturing expertise for certain products
does not exist here. A lot of the best engineering talent in the US
has been siphoned of by the military/aerospace industries.

The military/aerospace industries, through the ages, have provided us
with quit a few useful things.

The first that comes to mind is the Roman road system.

=========

Heh, good example. The Romans however did not have a domestic
manufacturing industry to maintain and expand. I'd be the first to
defend the space program also. Not only is it the right thing to do
scientifically but the technology fallout has been enormous as you
suggest. Our *really* hi-tech manufacturing is doing just fine also.
It's the nuts and bolts assembly industries that manufacture consumer
appliances, tools, industrial machinery, etc. that have not really
kept up. Look at the automobile industry as an example. It's easy
to blame their problems on the unions but it runs much deeper than
that. One of our friends here in Florida is a retired senior engineer
from Ford. He has some very interesting stories to tell about how
Ford had to send teams of engineers to Japan and reverse engineer a
lot of asian automobiles to learn the secrets of how to build high
quality vehicles. Mostly it was a management failure but it has been
quite a while since the best and brightest engineers in this country
have been all that interested in building cars.

wrote:

On 10/30/11 8:40 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

And Harry wouldn't be addressing the esteemed members of rec.boats were
it not for
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ar...march_1977.png

In article ,
says...

[...]

The Japanese car industry learned that you concentrate your efforts on
the areas that are most likely to fail. It didn't take sending engineers
to Japan it should have taken managers looking at where they were
bleeding money.

Edwards Deming comes to mind.

The US auto manufacturers were on the planned obselensence band-wagon.
Build ****ty cars and they, the consumer, will have to come back again
and again and again.

wrote:

On 10/30/11 8:40 AM, BAR wrote:
[...]

You did notice I used the term "military adventurism," didn't you?

Military adventurism usually is defined as the tendency of a government
or military to take extreme risks in the management of foreign policy
and affairs with the use of troops. You know, like Vietnam, Iraq II,
Afghanistan...the stuff that didn't and won't work out for us.
Large-scale military adventurism to most readers would imply war-making,
not the development and manufacture of materiel.

On 10/30/11 2:57 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:08:36 -0400, wrote:

In ,
says...

[...]

What our DoD is doing goes far beyond defending our borders.

Nobody we have been at war with since 1945 has attacked or even
threatened to attack the US.

Before you start throwing 9-11 at me, remember virtually everyone
involved in 9-11 was Saudi and most of the planning was done in
Europe. The critical training was done in the US.

I was planning on enlisting once the Viet Cong invaded Topeka but then I
thought about it some more and concluded that Topeka might be a better
place if it were run by the Viet Cong. Certainly the pho would be a lot
better. I got some alleged Chinese food in Topeka in the mid-1960's, and
the Chinese noodles were actual strands of spaghetti.

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:08:36 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

You would wait until the barbarians are at the gates before you would do
anything? You can join Ronnie P and the rest of the leave me alones as
you are killed and your property is taken.