Default Rick Perry, the great hope of the GOP, realizes...

On 10/28/11 5:02 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 28/10/2011 2:55 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/28/11 4:51 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 27/10/2011 1:01 PM, X ` Man wrote:
...he is dumber than Bachmann.

Not really

Yeah, really...he is.

Smarter than lamer 0bama.

Oh, yeah...to a mindless fool like you, maybe.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:50:05 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

Oil Comapnies have been selling off and
closing Refineries domestically, THAT WERE HUGELY PROFITABLE, and
blaming it on Environmentalist and Government. The real culprit is the
Oil Comapnies cutting refining to choke supply and maintain and increase
the price of Fuels.

====

That's not really true. It has become uneconomical to build and
operate refineries in the US for a variety of reasons. Are you
willing to pay more for your gasoline to have it refined here? Are
you willing to have a refinery in your backyard? No one else is too
eager to have one either. They are lousy neighbors even when they
meet all of the environmental regs.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:06:01 -0400, wrote:

I'm sure the politicians have been watching the poles and they are
aroused

===

No doubt, since there are a lot of good looking Polish women. :-)

On 10/28/11 7:32 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:50:05 -0400, Lil wrote:

Oil Comapnies have been selling off and
closing Refineries domestically, THAT WERE HUGELY PROFITABLE, and
blaming it on Environmentalist and Government. The real culprit is the
Oil Comapnies cutting refining to choke supply and maintain and increase
the price of Fuels.

====

That's not really true. It has become uneconomical to build and
operate refineries in the US for a variety of reasons. Are you
willing to pay more for your gasoline to have it refined here? Are
you willing to have a refinery in your backyard? No one else is too
eager to have one either. They are lousy neighbors even when they
meet all of the environmental regs.

That's our W'hine...always apologizing for corporate crooks.

On 10/28/2011 7:32 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:50:05 -0400, Lil wrote:

Oil Comapnies have been selling off and
closing Refineries domestically, THAT WERE HUGELY PROFITABLE, and
blaming it on Environmentalist and Government. The real culprit is the
Oil Comapnies cutting refining to choke supply and maintain and increase
the price of Fuels.

====

That's not really true. It has become uneconomical to build and
operate refineries in the US for a variety of reasons. Are you
willing to pay more for your gasoline to have it refined here? Are
you willing to have a refinery in your backyard? No one else is too
eager to have one either. They are lousy neighbors even when they
meet all of the environmental regs.

Did you not read of the House Investigations. I don't remember but think
it was 2008.

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:06:05 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

Did you not read of the House Investigations. I don't remember but think
it was 2008.

===========

You can buy gasoline refined overseas by the tanker load. If you
don't buy it, someone else will. If you think gasoline is expensive
here, try driving around in Europe for a while.

On 10/28/2011 9:07 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:06:05 -0400, Lil wrote:e.

Did you not read of the House Investigations. I don't remember but think
it was 2008.

===========

You can buy gasoline refined overseas by the tanker load. If you
don't buy it, someone else will. If you think gasoline is expensive
here, try driving around in Europe for a while.

My concerns are here in the USA. Wall Street/Washington Globalist want
us to share all the problems of everywhere else for their wealth.
They haven't made the Bushmen, of the Sub Sahara rich but they have made
us poor.
Share the wealth with the rest of the world/share the poverty of the
rest of the world.
World Peace through world trade.
it is all bs. the truth is raid Americans and their Republic for
Globalist Elites pockets.

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:10:21 -0400, Lil Abner wrote:

[...]

=========

Be careful what you ask for. A lot of things that we now buy for
half way reasonable prices would double or triple in price if made in
the US (at current wage rates). Some things might become totally
unavailable because the manufacturing expertise for certain products
does not exist here. A lot of the best engineering talent in the US
has been siphoned of by the military/aerospace industries.

On 10/30/11 12:31 AM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:10:21 -0400, Lil wrote:

[...]

Translation:

If we change anything in this country in economics, manufacturing,
whatever, rich people in the United States *might* have a tad less
income to hoard and not invest in this country. Maybe. Therefore, we
should leave everything alone, even though those with middle class or
lower incomes are going right down the tubes.

The reality is that goods are not necessarily any less expensive for
consumers when they manufactured overseas in countries that pay close to
slave labor wages. The difference is that instead of making, say, a $15
net profit on an item made in the USA that wholesales for $100, the
multinational corporation takes that manufacturing to China, where its
net profit, including shipping, on that $100 at wholesale item is now
$55. It still wholesales in the USA for the same price and retails for
the same price, too. There's no difference in the price the consumer
pays, just in the percentage of profit the manufacturer pockets.

It's just greed that takes manufacturing overseas. It's still profitable
to manufacture here, it's just not *as* profitable.

We're heading for a restructuring of society in this country. We're
either going to end up with a peaceful transition that produces equity
for the middle and lower income groups or there will be blood in the
streets. And you know what? Sooner rather than later the majority of
police and other enforcers of civil behavior will realize *they* are
getting ****ed by the rich, too.

Got any hard data to support your bull**** hypothetical scenario?