Default On computer science as a liberal art

“In my perspective, science and computer science is a liberal art, it’s
something everyone should know how to use, at least, and harness in
their life. It’s not something that should be relegated to 5 percent of
the population over in the corner. It’s something that everybody should
be exposed to and everyone should have mastery of to some extent, and
that’s how we viewed computation and these computation devices.”

Steve Jobs

( *not* one of the rec.boats illiterates)

On 24/10/2011 12:24 PM, X ` Man wrote:
“In my perspective, science and computer science is a liberal art, it’s
something everyone should know how to use, at least, and harness in
their life. It’s not something that should be relegated to 5 percent of
the population over in the corner. It’s something that everybody should
be exposed to and everyone should have mastery of to some extent, and
that’s how we viewed computation and these computation devices.”

Steve Jobs

( *not* one of the rec.boats illiterates)

Richie was a more powerful influence than Jobs. Jobs only gets the
attention as in a sort of a way he was an attention whore.

Smart in many ways, but not without his flaws. But not for Richie,
there would be no Jobs.

To me, Richie was far more influential on the computing devices space
than Jobs and Gates combined. Dennis Ritchie deserves more credit.
--
Eat the rich, screw the companies and wonder why there are no jobs. But
we have big huge government we can't afford...

On 10/24/11 3:14 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

But...you're a nothing. Who gives a **** what drool rolls down your chin?

On 24/10/2011 2:53 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/24/11 4:00 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 24/10/2011 1:21 PM, X ` Man wrote:
On 10/24/11 3:15 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 24/10/2011 12:48 PM, iBoaterer wrote:
In articleo76dnb5kDMDvMDjTnZ2dnUVZ_v2dnZ2d@earthlink .com, dump-on-
says...

?In my perspective, science and computer science is a liberal art,
it?s
something everyone should know how to use, at least, and harness in
their life. It?s not something that should be relegated to 5
percent of
the population over in the corner. It?s something that everybody
should
be exposed to and everyone should have mastery of to some extent, and
that?s how we viewed computation and these computation devices.?

Steve Jobs

( *not* one of the rec.boats illiterates)

Harry's feeling the need to quantify his liberal arts degree from a
third rate college.

Yep, from Cracker Jack.

I'm sorry...I forgot where you and your asswipe buddy there attended
college. International Correspondence Schools?

Nope, electronics engineering. No fleabaggers graduated, they couldn't
do the math so they fell out to the liberal arts.

Math *is* one of the modern liberal arts, you ignorant asshole.

Liberal arts math? Funny, they take add-subtract and often get a C-.

Liberal arts degrees know **** about math. Engineering math is far
beyond any liberal arts degrees. In fact, first year engineering has
more advanced math than a PhD in Liberal bull****.

Science vs God Andie Cruising 0 August 17th 10 02:32 AM
True science and cargo cult science W1TEF[_3_] General 7 July 28th 10 08:39 PM
The difference between real science and right-wing science. H the K[_4_] General 4 November 25th 09 01:55 PM
( OT ) It's not rocket science. Jim, General 0 April 19th 05 05:40 PM
If it walks like a liberal duck and spends like a liberal duck Vito ASA 10 December 7th 04 05:58 PM