jps jps is offline

Default Is it "bye bye" for Rubio?

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:54:40 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 19:00:07 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

On 10/24/11 6:51 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 17:03:31 -0400, X `
wrote:

During his rise to political prominence, Republican U.S. Sen. Marco
Rubio frequently repeated a compelling version of his family’s history
that had special resonance in South Florida. He was the “son of exiles,”
he told audiences, Cuban Americans forced off their beloved island after
“a thug,” Fidel Castro, took power.

But a review of documents — including naturalization papers and other
official records — reveals that the Florida Republican’s account
embellishes the facts. The documents show that Rubio’s parents came to
the United States and were admitted for permanent residence more than
two-and-a-half years before Castro’s forces overthrew the Cuban
government and took power on New Year’s Day 1959.
---

Heh heh heh.

It is interesting that Romney has come to the defense of Rubio.
You have a guy who is not sure who he is or what he thinks defending a
guy who doesn't know where he came from.

My guess is Mitt was looking at an R&R ticket.

Well, Rubio has said he isn't interested, but I'm sure he can be
convinced to change his mind. If I were Romney, I wouldn't want such a
doctrinaire rightie on my ticket.

Mitt needs something to attract the right.
Obama is very vulnerable but I am sure the GOP will snatch defeat from
the jaws of victory this time around. They just act like they don't
really want it, at least not anyone who could actually win.

He needs an anti-tax evangelical that's squeaky clean.

Rubio seems to fit the bill, until we find out he's Crist's boyfriend.

Bye bye Democrat Party. Simple Simon ASA 35 October 22nd 08 03:12 AM
Bye Bye Tookie Thom Stewart ASA 0 December 21st 05 04:11 AM
Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 May 6th 04 10:21 AM
OT - Bye Bye Gray - Bad news for Democrats Simple Simon ASA 2 July 25th 03 01:27 AM