Charles Pezeshki

Default Death/Drowning on S. Fork Clearwater, Idaho

HI Folks,

I am sad to report a drowning on the S. Fork of the Clearwater, Idaho, over
the holiday weekend. I don't have details, but I suspect a flush drowning
as the flows were high (4000-7000 cfs) on a run that is usually done in the
1K-2K range. The paddler was a Moscow boater-- Eric Stern-- whom I do not
know.

The S. Fork has 3 sections-- Golden Canyon (serious! Class V-- I would
consider it unrunnable at those levels), Bully Creek (Class V- at current
water levels, with one serious Class V at these levels) and the lower milk
run (probably Class IV at these levels).

If anyone has any specific information, I would like to know. Condolences
to all.

Chuck
http://www.wildcountry.info