Terry Lyons

Default Inflatable kayak for fla****er cruising

I would like to buy an inflatable kayak for flat water paddling. I am
generally a novice in regards to paddling activities as I don't canoe
or WW kayak for sport. But while a novice, I once did a white water
canoe trip with Outward Bound as well as taken a beginners ww kayaking
at the Nantahala Center but this was when I was in my 20's; I'm 52
now. Plus I've taken small flat-water kayaks out on the Connecticut
Sound about five times, so I do know a little about boat trekking.
But the grandest extent of my plans are to just take a nice cruise
down a local canal or perhaps cruise inlets around the Connecticut
sound. I might get brave and do a fairly tame river now and then also.
So, I'm looking for something that will cruise fairly rapidly without
drag and would be comfortable and durable. My research has lead me to
the Advanced Elements Inflatable AdvancedFrame Kayak. What are your
thoughts regarding my needs?
TIA,
Terry
Bill Tuthill

Terry Lyons wrote:
I would like to buy an inflatable kayak for flat water paddling. I am
generally a novice in regards to paddling activities as I don't canoe
or WW kayak for sport. But while a novice, I once did white water...
So, I'm looking for something that will cruise fairly rapidly without
drag and would be comfortable and durable. My research has lead me to
the Advanced Elements Inflatable AdvancedFrame Kayak.

According to http://www.theboatpeople.com/iks_touring.html
the Innova Helios, AIRE Sea Tiger, and Grabner Explorer are the
only models with rudder. Then it's mostly a question of price.

If you want to buy a low-priced inflatable made in China (that's
what the AirFrame is) I'd recommend an AIRE Tomcat instead.

William R. Watt

an inflatable kayak is like an inflatable date.
a sit-on-top kayak is like, aw jeeze I can't remember.

Terry Lyons ) writes:
[...]

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
BREWERPAUL

Are you sure you really need an inflatable? My wife and I were considering the
Airframe, but when we started to consider the pain of inflating and deflating,
letting it dry thoroughly before storage, etc, we decided to go with a pair of
Pungo Classics and have been thrilled with the choice. Our main reason for
wanting inflatables was to avoid having to buy an expensive roof rack, but we
get away just fine with the basic Thule rack (feet and bars). I can load both
yaks in about 5 minutes-- inflating, deflating etc would take a lot longer.
Plus, the bright orange and yellow kayaks look unbelieveably cool atop my
electric blue PT Cruiser... :-)

Got wood?
Check out my exotic hardwood pennywhistles at fair
prices...http://www.Busmanwhistles.com

Doug Salisbury

I have an Advance frame and I really like it. I put it in my car when I go
out of town to work. It tracks well and is stable. I have used it for
class 1 & II runs as well. You can get an optional skirt if you want one.
om...