Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Totally off Topic ... but

Hope you all will indulge me for a moment. Off topic, but I think some will
enjoy.

The music shop I opened a little over two years ago has grown into becoming
a popular performance venue for local musicians and songwriters.
We host "Open Mic Nights" and occasional mini-concerts featuring many
talented people and groups.

Occasionally someone comes along that stands out above the rest. This young
lady is an example. Hailing from a nearby town (Marshfield) she performed
an original song "Johnny Depp" at one of the Re-Tunes Open Mic Nights a few
months ago and anyone listening could tell she had serious potential.

Re-Tunes became an artist sponsor of Kiley and helped in a small way by
making a custom, handmade guitar available to her for recording and
performances. (The guitar is made by a local master luthier friend and is
featured in the video).

Anyway, last month she released a professionally produced music video
featuring her song "Johnny Depp". In less than a month over 8,000 people
have viewed it, including one of the VPs at Sony in Nashville, TN. I am
happy to report that Kiley has been contacted by Sony and is flying down
Thursday for a meeting with them. I hope it goes well for her.

For those who enjoy talented young performers ... here's a link to the music
video. It's "country rock" in nature. Best of all, Kiley is a
down-to-earth person with a great sense of humor. She takes her music
seriously but doesn't have the "it's all about me" ego that too many less
talented musicians suffer from.

Enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIZSsSXq1YY

Eisboch

totally obliterate them Lee[_4_] ASA 0 April 22nd 08 01:50 AM
So totally off topic... Tom Francis General 1 May 3rd 07 04:45 AM
Oh man - totally gross... Eisboch General 6 October 5th 06 03:27 PM
i am totally think, so I tease you Pathetic Profound Lardass ASA 0 April 22nd 05 01:36 PM
Something totally different Ray General 6 March 21st 04 06:06 PM