Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default The teabaggers express themselves

St. Paul tells people to rely on churches...

The audience Monday night’s CNN Tea Party Express Republican primary
debate was eager to see the death of a hypothetical man who was in a
coma and also did not have health care insurance.

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer posed this question to Republican presidential
candidate Ron Paul: “A healthy young, 30-year-old man has a good job,
makes a good living but decides, ‘You know what? I’m not going to
spend $200 or $300 a month on health insurance because I’m healthy, I
don’t need it.’ But something terrible happens, all the sudden he
needs it. What’s going to happen if he goes into a coma? Who pays for
that?”

“What he should do is whatever he wants to do,” Paul replied. “That’s
what freedom is all about, taking your own risks. This whole idea that
you have to prepare to take care of everybody…”

“Are you saying society should just let him die?” Blitzer asked.

The audience responded with shouts of “Yes!”

“We’ve given up on this concept that we might take care of ourselves,
assume responsibility for ourselves, our neighbors, our friends, our
churches would do it,” Paul explained. “This is the reason the cost is
so high… We have lack of competition. There’s no competition in
medicine. Everybody’s protected by licensing ”

Teutonic Teabaggers jps General 2 October 18th 10 05:29 PM
Teabaggers are pussies... Secular Humanist General 2 August 25th 10 04:45 PM
new poll on teabaggers Tim General 6 June 5th 10 04:04 AM
new poll on teabaggers bpuharic General 7 June 4th 10 10:58 PM
Teabaggers Mount New Protest hk General 0 April 4th 10 07:45 PM