Default No offense to those...

On 06/09/2011 11:58 AM, iBoatMore wrote:
In articleI72dnbJbXOfb0_vTnZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@earthlink .com,
says...

...who weren't fortunate enough to be able to go to college. There are
plenty of self-taught, very smart people in this world. But we do have a
few real morons in rec.boats who didn't go to college and who express
their disdain for higher education every chance they get. Their jealousy
boils up in their throat.

I'm grateful for my liberal arts education and I often think about the
wisdom of my dad, who urged me to avoid "trade school" college courses
that he said would become obsolete in my lifetime. He was a first
generation American whose parents sacrificed mightily to help him get
through college, where he majored in the liberal arts.

Yeah, librarians and such are in such high demand and get paid So
well... Engineers of all disciplines, Architects, and others who took
"trade school" courses are now SO obsolete and poor.... You made it
sound like your father didn't know too much....

Depends. If you are an engineer, say electrical or civil with a little
geology you could move to Chile and do quite well. If you were a
teacher of Spanish and English, lots of nice countries to live in.
Brazil is on a building boom, so is China. Australia is better off than
the US too. Electricians can get jobs about anywhere they can socially
fit in.

But if all you have is a BA, or MBA (more bugger all) or a PhD in basket
weaving your screwed. McDonald's for you.

You only want to pick one of two career paths. One that can't be
exported like dentist, government, or local food services...or go for
something exportable like electrician or teacher. If you like moving,
take the later. Manufacturing in North America is dead unless it has
local sources of materials like carrots into food.

Your options are only limited if you think USA as the only place in the
world. And it is not. I have worked in CAN, USA, Scotland,
Norway....and no regrets. Opens ones eyes up good to live in various
places.

--
First rule of holes: If your in one, don't keep digging.
So in the hole, why do we insanely want more debt?

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:10:06 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

[...]

Except of course you're completely wrong, which is typical for a
moron.

wrote:

[...]

Your wit and charm are on a par with Krause's. It's no wonder we are
having a hard time deciding which of you two flaming assholes is the
most obnoxious and offensive.

wrote:

[...]

Our boy flajim here has a degree in picking up soap in the U.S. Navy's
gang showers. Jim is so embarrassed about what he actually did while in
the Navy, he won't talk about it.

--
I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of the
powerful.

In articleI72dnbJbXOfb0_vTnZ2dnUVZ_jWdn...@earthlink .com,
[...]

But that is evidence of her 'upper education'