Chuck Duchon

Default Otter vs Wilderness Systems Pamlico 10

I won a $100 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods and I'm in the market for an
inexpensive, durable, kayak for my kids to use on the weekends at a local
inland lake and to keep them out of my Current Design's Solstice GT.

Dick's has two boats that "look" like they would work. An Old Town Otter for
$229 and a Wilderness Systems Pamlico for $299.

The otter lacks footbraces (which I could add for $40 or so) and a hatch....
both features that the Pamlico already has.... any comments/experience in
either boat?

jeffh129

No brainer, the Pamlico. I've been doing A LOT of reseach on kayaks,
I'm a newbie and even dealers who sell Old Town Kayaks will steer you
to their other brands. Old Town makes a hell of a canoe, but their
kayaks leave a lot to be desired.