Arleen

Default Wilderness Systems Pungo 140

Sorry meant to call you Chris~

"Arleen" wrote in message
Christ ~ I've had the Pungo since 1998 and use it for flat-water and up to
Class II on some rivers. Got it so my dog (part Lab) could fit in the
cockpit with me. It tracks really well and is extremely fast on rivers.

It
can even play and climbs surfing waves and ferries really nice but with

some
peel outs and eddy turns it's like trying to turn a bathtub. It's also a
great water toy in the summer as we've used it as a seesaw with friends
sitting on the bow and stern. Paddled it about 23 miles yesterday without
being tired in nice easy flowing water. Love my Pungo!!!
Good luck in whatever you choose.....three of my friends have the Breeze.

Arleen

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I am still debating which kayak I should buy to begin paddling the coast

of
Long Island Sound here in CT. I have done a lot of research and have

narrowed
my choice down to about 15 sea kayaks and one recreational kayak, the

Pungo by
Wilderness Systems. WS claims that it tracks better and is faster than

many
true "sea kayaks" and from the reviews I have read this seems to be

true.
Anyone have any experience with this boat, including the smaller models?

Any opinions about the Breeze by Current Designs would be appreciated as

well.

Thanks.

Chris

Chris