Default Goodnight, Irene...

*e#c wrote:
On Aug 26, 5:18 pm, X ` wrote:
The latest tracking info seems to indicate Irene will skirt across the
bottom of Chesapeake Bay and hit the tip of the DelMarVa Peninsula. The
Bay is narrow, though, so I'm sure we're going to have a hell of a lot
of wind and rain and, of course, the usual several days of power outages.

Boat's in a creek up the Pax River, tied to a floating dock. About as
much as I can do. The marinas on the Bay are not particularly sheltered.

--
I'd much rather be a champion of the powerless than a lickspittle of the
powerful.

Mines going FEESHING in Lake Erie tomorrow.....heh heh. Gonna she if
it'll break 40 MPH. Video WILL be recorded.

"Gonna she if"...???

WTF?

-HB

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 07:46:44 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 00:47:37 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:18:10 -0400, X ` Man
wrote:

The latest tracking info seems to indicate Irene will skirt across the
bottom of Chesapeake Bay and hit the tip of the DelMarVa Peninsula. The
Bay is narrow, though, so I'm sure we're going to have a hell of a lot
of wind and rain and, of course, the usual several days of power outages.

Boat's in a creek up the Pax River, tied to a floating dock. About as
much as I can do. The marinas on the Bay are not particularly sheltered.

It looks like you are all getting a break. The storm ran into some
shear and it weakened some. If that keeps up you will see a cat 1 or
even a TS by the time it gets to Long Island

Looks like it's not going to be much of an event here. I'd thought about leaving the cover off the
boat, which is in the driveway, but put it on just to keep all the damn leaves out.

Fall came early last night. The yard is covered with leaves.

Same here...and lots of acorns. There was one big oak that came down across the street in a
neighbor's back yard. Took out his shed and lots of fence, but didn't hit the house. Further up the
street a large branch directly above some power lines came down. How it didn't take out the power
lines is a mystery, unless the wind just blew the thing over the lines on its way down.

A few hours with a rake will solve my yard problems. I'm glad I put the cover on the boat, or it
would have been full of leaves.

Good Night, Irene Flying Pig[_2_] Cruising 10 August 28th 11 03:12 PM
Jennine Irene Gallilee RI Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 June 8th 08 12:58 PM
Goodnight kiss Don White General 12 June 1st 08 09:53 AM
Goodnight, kiddies! Capt. Rob ASA 4 December 22nd 05 01:46 PM