Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobo

Default Kayaking Road Trip - Question on sharing the cost. . . .

I like to drive solo and sing the songs of Bruce Springsteen as it
blares out of my speakers. But with the price of gasoline
skyrocketing, I've got to change my ways. I need someone to help pay
for the gas. I'm driving a truck with only room for one passenger.

If I do all the driving, is it fair to ask my passenger to pay all the
gas? If it's not fair, what's a fair dollar amount to ask? How do
you divvy up the cost when filling up a tank of gas can cost $30-40?
I don't think 50/50 sounds fair if I'm doing all the driving and
taking all the wear and tear on my truck.

I'm especially interested in hearing from those of you who go on long,
long, long road trips. Do you ask your passengers to pay their share
before hand or as it's incurred?