Default Right of Way

On 8/17/11 9:14 AM, iBoat Often wrote:
In ,
says...

On 8/16/11 4:51 PM, Eisboch wrote:
I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The sailboats that show up about halfway through the video look awfully
close to that tanker.

As an allegedly accomplished photographer who claims to have been
published in several magazines (of course while trying to pass an owl
picture off as his own) you should know there is this phenomenon called
"depth-of-field".

Asshole. There is something called "depth of field" and it made my hand
looked so bloated that it was attached to someone who is super morbidly
obese. I really am very trim and in perfect health, it was depth of
field that made my hand look extremely fat and pudgy.

--
Don't forget to leave a bit of beef for rec.boat's right-wing
conservatrashers and ID spoofers to feed upon. The more they feed, the

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:17:54 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 16/08/2011 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:06 -0400, wrote:

In article8OGdnUEBcLTORdfTnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

According to the regulation I've read, this is incorrect a lot of the
time.

Wow, glad you can't afford a boat. The least maneuverable boat gets the
right of way. Also, the sailboat broke the first rule, all boaters
should avoid collisions at all costs.

Combine the two above, no way out for the stupid sailboat owner.

About the only way for the sailboat to be not at fault would be if the
sailboat was anchored out of the main channel. Under sail, it is up to
the sailboat to avoid the less maneuverable freighter.

You need to get your reading compression up a bit.

As usual, you don't know much about anything. I just looked at the
international regulations, and tankers do not have right of way over
sail. And, generally unless there's some restriction on a vessels
maneuverability, it can't overtake another an claim right of way.
There are also crossing situations for power boats.

In the particular case in the vid, the tanker did have the right of
way. Other than that, basically, you're a moron.

On 17/08/2011 12:06 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:17:54 -0600,
wrote:

On 16/08/2011 10:04 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Like I said, I am glad you can't afford a boat.
--
Flea party (leftie) fear, begets flea party smear.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:51:19 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

Yes. There *are* stupid people.

In article m, "not a
says...

On 8/17/2011 12:04 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:06 -0400, wrote:

In article8OGdnUEBcLTORdfTnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

According to the regulation I've read, this is incorrect a lot of the
time.

Cite please.

God doesn't isn't going to accept your argument that you aren't supposed
to be at the pearly gates because you had the right of way and you
should be sent back.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:27:42 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article m, "not a
says...

On 8/17/2011 12:04 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:06 -0400, wrote:

In article8OGdnUEBcLTORdfTnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

According to the regulation I've read, this is incorrect a lot of the
time.

Cite please.

God doesn't isn't going to accept your argument that you aren't supposed
to be at the pearly gates because you had the right of way and you
should be sent back.

==============

The sailboat did not have the right of way. The skipper took a
foolish risk and lost the bet.

Rule 18(b)

(b) A sailing vessel underway shall keep out of the way of:

a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver;

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=Rule18

On 8/17/2011 7:27 PM, BAR wrote:
In aweb.com, "not a
says...

On 8/17/2011 12:04 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:06 -0400, wrote:

In article8OGdnUEBcLTORdfTnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

According to the regulation I've read, this is incorrect a lot of the
time.

Cite please.

God doesn't isn't going to accept your argument that you aren't supposed
to be at the pearly gates because you had the right of way and you
should be sent back.

She didn't provide a cite so she must be full of ****.

On 8/17/2011 8:02 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:27:42 -0400, wrote:

In aweb.com, "not a
says...

On 8/17/2011 12:04 AM, wrote:
[...]

You know blow boaters... They all think they have the right of, well,
pretty much everything...

On 8/17/2011 12:04 AM, wrote:
[...]

=======

A lot of sailboaters are not familiar with the implications of Rule 18
although it largely falls under the rule of common sense. There was a
widely publicized incident in San Diego a number of years ago. A well
known sailor named Lowell North (founder of the North Sails loft), cut
very close to the front of a freighter during a race. There was no
collission but it was way to close for comfort. The freighter captain
complained to USCG, a hearing was conducted, and North was fined some
large amount of money for his recklessness.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:10:26 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 17/08/2011 12:06 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:17:54 -0600,
wrote:

On 16/08/2011 10:04 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Like I said, you're a moron. You don't own a boat bozo.