BoatBanter.com

-   -   Right of Way (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/137507-right-way.html)

Eisboch[_8_] August 16th 11 09:51 PM

Right of Way

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

X ~ Man August 16th 11 10:54 PM

Right of Way

On 8/16/11 4:51 PM, Eisboch wrote:
I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The sailboats that show up about halfway through the video look awfully
close to that tanker.

--
Don't forget to leave a bit of beef for rec.boat's right-wing
conservatrashers and ID spoofers to feed upon. The more they feed, the

BAR[_2_] August 17th 11 12:00 AM

Right of Way

In article ,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

Canuck57[_9_] August 17th 11 12:38 AM

Right of Way

On 16/08/2011 2:51 PM, Eisboch wrote:
I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

Sailboat captain error, plain and simple.

--
Flea party (leftie) fear, begets flea party smear.

North Star August 17th 11 02:44 AM

Right of Way

On Aug 16, 5:51*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

Yup...around here commercial traffic are the 'stand on vessel'.

*e#c August 17th 11 02:56 AM

Right of Way

On Aug 16, 4:51*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

Tonnage Rules. 'nuff said.

[email protected] August 17th 11 05:04 AM

Right of Way

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:06 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

According to the regulation I've read, this is incorrect a lot of the
time.

Canuck57[_9_] August 17th 11 07:17 AM

Right of Way

On 16/08/2011 10:04 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:00:06 -0400, wrote:

In article8OGdnUEBcLTORdfTnZ2dnUVZ_judnZ2d@giganews. com,
says...

I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The bigger you are the more right of way you have. Doesn't matter if you
are on the highway or on the water.

According to the regulation I've read, this is incorrect a lot of the
time.

Wow, glad you can't afford a boat. The least maneuverable boat gets the
right of way. Also, the sailboat broke the first rule, all boaters
should avoid collisions at all costs.

Combine the two above, no way out for the stupid sailboat owner.

About the only way for the sailboat to be not at fault would be if the
sailboat was anchored out of the main channel. Under sail, it is up to
the sailboat to avoid the less maneuverable freighter.

You need to get your reading compression up a bit.

--
Flea party (leftie) fear, begets flea party smear.

iBoat Often August 17th 11 02:14 PM

Right of Way

In article ,
says...

On 8/16/11 4:51 PM, Eisboch wrote:
I suspect this sailboat captain is rethinking who has the "Right of Way".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tUoUxzt9sI

The sailboats that show up about halfway through the video look awfully
close to that tanker.

As an allegedly accomplished photographer who claims to have been
published in several magazines (of course while trying to pass an owl
picture off as his own) you should know there is this phenomenon called
"depth-of-field".