Tim Davis

Default Is rowing only your arms

No you use your whole body.
LLutton

Canoe or kayak? If you want more detail info, we need to know which.
Lynn
LLutton

On a kayak, you can push with your leg (with feet on foot pads) turn your body,
push with the upper hand, and pull with the lower hand. This uses your arms,
body, and legs.

I don't canoe, but I can't visualize using your legs, and I'm not sure about
turning your body. Am I wrong about this?
Lynn