Default teabaggers will probably cut this program

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:18:30 -0700, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:04:47 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

researchers at MIT, funded by the GOVERNMENT, have discovered a broad
spectrum antibiotic that can be used against viruses. like a viral
penicillin

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/antiviral-0810.html

it'll save plenty of lives if it works. but it was funded with
taxpayer dollars

so i'm sure prolifers will want it cut

Who owns the patent on this new product? Is is MIT or the US Government?
If the Government paid for the research then the Government should own
it, therefore, there is no incentive for a private corporation to
manufacture the product.

You should probably stick to something you know. I know there's got to
be something you know, right? Maybe how to eat your peas? That's about
your level.

I guess you never heard of licensing? Why do I bother....

MIT is great at licensing. my company licenses something from them
right now

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 16:35:39 -0400, wf3h wrote:

[...]

For those who can actually read for content....

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/28...8----000-.html

On 8/15/11 4:35 PM, wf3h wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 10:18:30 -0700, wrote:

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:04:47 -0400, wrote:

In ,
[...]

BAR's edu-ma-cation ended in high school.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

You didn't answer the question about who owns the patent. Does the
government own the patent or does MIT? The government funded the
research therefore it should own the outcome of the research.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 07:29:21 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

As I said, stick to something you know about. It doesn't matter which
entity owns a patent. It's the licensing that counts.

I posted the link that explains it. If you're too stupid to
understand, hire a patent attorney to explain it to you.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/28...8----000-.html

Teutonic Teabaggers jps General 2 October 18th 10 05:29 PM
Teabaggers hate being known as racists... jps General 9 September 17th 10 01:26 AM
Teabaggers are pussies... Secular Humanist General 2 August 25th 10 04:45 PM
new poll on teabaggers Tim General 6 June 5th 10 04:04 AM
new poll on teabaggers bpuharic General 7 June 4th 10 10:58 PM